Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    (Delaware County)

Default Re: Shooting at DJ's office. Police officer kills active shooter.

There are plenty of pissed off people in this country...some of them own guns...most of them own a car and at least some knives. Take away the guns, like they did in London and the weapon of choice became a steak knife or a garden tool, the machete. Once they started limiting the sale of tactical knives in London, the crazies moved to using vehicles...no amount of pipe bollards are going to keep the crazies from trying to run you over. And lastly, acid...it has been the weapon of choice for those looking to create chaos on the streets of London.

Take away every conceivable weapon one can think of and guess what...people will use their hands and feet...and bite you if they can.

If you have a PFA on someone, you might want to back it up with something a little more intimidating than a piece of paper. Just saying...

(Fayette County)

I lived a few blocks away from where this happened for the past 5 years. Just moved about ten out of town in March. Before that, I lived one block over from the borough building. I just found out an hour ago that there is a good chance I actually knew the shooter. It's been a few years since I had seen him so I'm not completely sure it's the same guy. I am sure though that I've met the injured officer several times.

That area is pretty much the worst part of town. Not that the majority of masontown is much better though. The borough building is located at a 4 way intersection. Across the street, there was a nuisance bar that didnt last very long. About a year or so ago, there was a shooting in the middle of the street. From what I heard, something happened in the bar and it ended with a guy getting a gun out of his car and shooting at someone out front.

About 7 years ago, there was a hostage situation that involved the swat team at a neighboring building. Guy was holding his mother and sister at gun point. The sister was released but the suspect shot his mother and himself.

More recently, one of the towns officers was fired and arrested. His girlfriend called state police to his home for a domestic assault. She walked the state police through the house and pointed out all of his weapons. That's when they found a sawed off shotgun with no serial number and a masontown police evidence tag. Seems the gun had been in evidence for a long time and officer Kelly decided to help himself to it.

The chief was asked how the officer got the gun but he claimed to have no idea. Days later, the gun turned back up in the evidence room. State police questioned the chief but he once again denied knowing anything. Later one, the chief admitted to meeting with the officer and retrieving the shotgun in an attempt to keep him out of trouble.

The officer who was caught with the shotgun was previously employed in a neighboring town but was fired for putting his gun to his wife's head and chasing her out of the car and into the trees along the side of the road.

This all happened as the chief was running for magistrate. I still haven't figured out how he still has a job and wasn't charged with a crime himself. A couple years back, I was helping to trap some feral cats that were living in an old abandoned garage that was about to be torn down. I noticed several orange syringes around the outside the garage.

One afternoon when the chief happened to stop by, the syringes were pointed out to him. Apparently it's nothing to be concerned about. It's just diabetics throwing out their used needles and then pokes out of the trash bags when the trash was taken out. Because diabetics are throwing their loose needles in the trash at a garage with the roof falling in and no other building on the property such as a house.

Considering the police station is in the basement of the borough building, it's kinda interesting that is the worst part of town. A few days ago I heard that the borough council decided to spend $4,000 that's non refundable to have a former state trooper do an evaluation of the local police department. Now it seems the mayor is trying to stop it from happening even after the money has already been paid.

https://triblive.com/news/fayette/86...-kelly-shotgun

https://triblive.com/news/5479332-74...z-county-kelly

https://triblive.com/x/pittsburghtri.../s_751889.html

https://www.google.com/amp/s/pittsbu...bar-fight/amp/

(Fayette County)

Sorry if I somehow posted multiple posts with more or less the same comment. I'm having a hell of a time getting my post to go through in my phone. It was posted but then it just vanished when I tried to edit a typo.

(Bucks County)

Quote Originally Posted by Emptymag View Post
    The article mentions the cops as heros, but not the two people who assisted the wounded, using their clothing and belts to make tourniquets.
    You got no badge, you no hero! You mere subject!

(Bucks County)

Quote Originally Posted by Grimm View Post
    I lived a few blocks away from where this happened for the past 5 years. Just moved about ten out of town in March. Before that, I lived one block over from the borough building. I just found out an hour ago that there is a good chance I actually knew the shooter. It's been a few years since I had seen him so I'm not completely sure it's the same guy. I am sure though that I've met the injured officer several times.

That area is pretty much the worst part of town. Not that the majority of masontown is much better though. The borough building is located at a 4 way intersection. Across the street, there was a nuisance bar that didnt last very long. About a year or so ago, there was a shooting in the middle of the street. From what I heard, something happened in the bar and it ended with a guy getting a gun out of his car and shooting at someone out front.

About 7 years ago, there was a hostage situation that involved the swat team at a neighboring building. Guy was holding his mother and sister at gun point. The sister was released but the suspect shot his mother and himself.

More recently, one of the towns officers was fired and arrested. His girlfriend called state police to his home for a domestic assault. She walked the state police through the house and pointed out all of his weapons. That's when they found a sawed off shotgun with no serial number and a masontown police evidence tag. Seems the gun had been in evidence for a long time and officer Kelly decided to help himself to it.

The chief was asked how the officer got the gun but he claimed to have no idea. Days later, the gun turned back up in the evidence room. State police questioned the chief but he once again denied knowing anything. Later one, the chief admitted to meeting with the officer and retrieving the shotgun in an attempt to keep him out of trouble.

The officer who was caught with the shotgun was previously employed in a neighboring town but was fired for putting his gun to his wife's head and chasing her out of the car and into the trees along the side of the road.

This all happened as the chief was running for magistrate. I still haven't figured out how he still has a job and wasn't charged with a crime himself. A couple years back, I was helping to trap some feral cats that were living in an old abandoned garage that was about to be torn down. I noticed several orange syringes around the outside the garage.

One afternoon when the chief happened to stop by, the syringes were pointed out to him. Apparently it's nothing to be concerned about. It's just diabetics throwing out their used needles and then pokes out of the trash bags when the trash was taken out. Because diabetics are throwing their loose needles in the trash at a garage with the roof falling in and no other building on the property such as a house.

Considering the police station is in the basement of the borough building, it's kinda interesting that is the worst part of town. A few days ago I heard that the borough council decided to spend $4,000 that's non refundable to have a former state trooper do an evaluation of the local police department. Now it seems the mayor is trying to stop it from happening even after the money has already been paid.

https://triblive.com/news/fayette/86...-kelly-shotgun

https://triblive.com/news/5479332-74...z-county-kelly

https://triblive.com/x/pittsburghtri.../s_751889.html

https://www.google.com/amp/s/pittsbu...bar-fight/amp/
    Wow, and you don’t even mention Warminster! That sounds ridiculously similar to Warminster PD. Corruption begins at the top and trickles down, not bottom up! A bad leader, and you have one, always ruins the team. It is never one bad seed at the bottom that ruins the team.

I’ve been vocally tough on Warminster PD, but that is because only a handful of officers in the last 30 years have actually tried to fix things. B handful, I mean five or less! They step up and the corrupt leaders get rid of them. That sends a signal.

(Wyoming County)

Quote Originally Posted by Grimm View Post
    Sorry if I somehow posted multiple posts with more or less the same comment. I'm having a hell of a time getting my post to go through in my phone. It was posted but then it just vanished when I tried to edit a typo.
    It's not just you, and I would wager it's anyone using the mobile version. EVERY time I have posted a comment and then tried to *edit it, the entire comment was deleted.

That's just one example of the mobile version being screwed up. Many of the menu buttons won't register and actually take you to the *search option.

Anyway sorry to sidetrack the police bashing in a thread where they actually stopped a mass shooting- my bad
    "It seems that the Constitution is more or less guidelines than actual rules"
    My feedback: http://forum.pafoa.org/showthread.php?t=305685

(Fayette County)

Quote Originally Posted by ExFlyinguy View Post
    It's not just you, and I would wager it's anyone using the mobile version. EVERY time I have posted a comment and then tried to *edit it, the entire comment was deleted.

That's just one example of the mobile version being screwed up. Many of the menu buttons won't register and actually take you to the *search option.

Anyway sorry to sidetrack the police bashing in a thread where they actually stopped a mass shooting- my bad
    I've never had this problem before. As soon as I clicked in the text box, the page went back to the thread and my post would be gone.

(Fayette County)

Quote Originally Posted by ExFlyinguy View Post

Honestly it really wasn't my intent to badmouth the local department. I was just trying to paint a picture of the area.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12