I went to the range yesterday to verify the sighting of my Winchester 94.

I felt it was shooting high at 50 yards and I went to adjust the sights. The rifle is fitted with a Williams FP-94/36 peep sight.
Of course, I dialed the wrong way, and decided to start from scratch, back at 25 yards.
Two shots were initially 3 inches high so I estimated the number of clicks and took a few more shots.
3 shots, touching eat other, about 1-3/4" above my point of aim. I'm happy with the grouping (off a bench rest).
IMG_E1155.JPG
(Point of aim was the bottom of the silhouette)

Shot a few at 50-yards and was happy with ok results (I forgot to take any pics of that target.
Moved back to 100-yards and I was still high. clicked down a few more. ended up with this
IMG_1170.jpg
The top two were the first shots, then I adjusted down and took the next three. They are centered about 4.9" above my point of aim (6:00 hold on the black bullseye). I then aimed at the bottom of the orange area and it impacted about 4-1/2 high. Then I took two shots without the benchrest, those are the two to the right. Close together, but I guess I pulled on the trigger when I fired.

Shot a bunch at the 100-yard steel and missed none.

Had to leave the range as I was out of time and my shoulder was getting sore.

Question is this: How much more time and ammo should I expend trying to lower the point of impact? There are not many more clicks in the adjustment on the sight. I'm tempted to just leave well enough alone. Thinking that if I aim at or near the bottom of a deers chest, I'm going to get a solid hit at any range.

Your thoughts?