Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Allegheny County)

Default Ace Sporting Goods (Washington PA) 70th Anniversary Sale

Hey guys and gals, just wanted to pass along that Ace Sporting Goods in Washington PA is having their 70th Anniversary Sale.
    Started today September 17 and going through September 23.

Some pretty good sales, lots of different industry reps will be at the shop on different days of the week.
    Tomorrow's battle is won during today's practice.

Stone's throw from Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
    (Butler County)

Default Re: Ace Sporting Goods (Washington PA) 70th Anniversary Sale

It's only a good sale if you actually get waited on. I learned very quickly that at Ace, you have to lurk near a salesman while he's helping another customer, and then be aggressive about getting the salesman's attention the second he's free.

BTW, are they still selling used guns? The used guns listing on their web site is gone.

(Washington County)

Quote Originally Posted by scruff View Post
    It's only a good sale if you actually get waited on. I learned very quickly that at Ace, you have to lurk near a salesman while he's helping another customer, and then be aggressive about getting the salesman's attention the second he's free.
    This is the most true statement this thread needs. Unfortunately.

(Allegheny County)

BTW, are they still selling used guns? The used guns listing on their web site is gone.
    It's still there. I was browsing their used online stuff yesterday during my lunch break. Ended up hoping out of my chair and driving down to pick up a used Sig 1911 they had listed. Took me 25 of standing around before I was actually able to handle it, and about 35 min to process the purchase. They had some decent deals that I saw while I was waiting due to the sale.

http://www.acesportinggoods.com/used-guns-2

Stone's throw from Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
    (Butler County)

Quote Originally Posted by AHelm3 View Post
    It's still there. I was browsing their used online stuff yesterday during my lunch break. Ended up hoping out of my chair and driving down to pick up a used Sig 1911 they had listed. Took me 25 of standing around before I was actually able to handle it, and about 35 min to process the purchase. They had some decent deals that I saw while I was waiting due to the sale.

http://www.acesportinggoods.com/used-guns-2
    OK, thanks. I like browsing their list. It wasn't there yesterday, no link on their main page and the cached page on Google didn't even work. Weird.

(Elk County)

OK, thanks. I like browsing their list. It wasn't there yesterday, no link on their main page and the cached page on Google didn't even work. Weird.
    It goes down while they update the list. Sometimes overnight if there's a lot to edit and they're not done by closing time, or they are hung up on creating a new indecipherable abbreviation for a particular firearm description.

Noah
    Wisdom and knowledge shall be the stability of thy times.

Quote Originally Posted by Noah_Zark View Post
    It goes down while they update the list. Sometimes overnight if there's a lot to edit and they're not done by closing time, or they are hung up on creating a new indecipherable abbreviation for a particular firearm description.

Noah
    I sometimes find the abbreviations confusing too!
    It’s probably crazy how many people check the list daily. I’ve got a few good deals the day they were listed.
    Even though I really like Ace and have spent a ton of cash there, it’s probably not the best shop for everyone.
    For someone who knows exactly what they want, how much it should cost and just wants to buy the gun and get out without a lot of socializing or BS, it’s the best place around IMO.