Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Default Re: Do people have issues selling in classifieds to people under 21?

I skip all the hassle of private sales and I put all my guns I sell on consignment at a dealer or I sell them directly to the dealer.
    I at least know the guy that bought it passed the background check, I get a store and a salesman that can take a credit card as payment.
    They earn the money they make off the sale. Then unfortunately they get all my money back and then some for something cooler... LOL
    Last edited by :-); September 17th, 2018 at 09:40 PM.

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by Walleye Hunter View Post
    In today's environment we are held accountable for other people's actions, if I couldn't determine for sure that one is not prohibited I'll keep my guns to myself.
    That's fine, but it is not required by law is all.
    I called to check my ZIP CODE!....DY-NO-MITE!!!

(Lackawanna County)

You can also use the phone app PaEdocket for a quick pa bgc if you know first last name and somewhat of a address.

(Berks County)

Quote Originally Posted by :-) View Post
    I skip all the hassle of private sales and I put all my guns I sell on consignment at a dealer or I sell them directly to the dealer.
    I at least know the guy that bought it passed the background check, I get a store and a salesman that can take a credit card as payment.
    They earn the money they make off the sale. Then unfortunately they get all my money back and then some for something cooler... LOL
    Seriously? Do you start fires with paper money too? You are throwing money away selling on consignment or directly to a dealer.

Quote Originally Posted by Rosco the Iroc View Post
    As a member on here and as an FFL, I follow the law not the hype. As long as your not trying to break the forum rules and any laws we are good to go.

My only issue is the only young guy, less then 10 posts, no rep, no feedback "sale" renigged on the deal. I told him I would take it, he said ok , we agreed on the meet, he no showed, I PM'ed him and he sold it to someone else hours earlier-AFTER our deal.

That earned him lots of red chicklets, and hella neg feedback. Don't be that guy or your first "deal" will be your only.
    YES YES YES TO ABOVE !

Quote Originally Posted by esh21167 View Post
    Seriously? Do you start fires with paper money too? You are throwing money away selling on consignment or directly to a dealer.
    Yes, that's how I heat my house every time I buy oil.

I get what I would have sold it for privately anyway. I'm not conveniently located in a place where people looking to buy guns with cash and cards in hand frequent, I'm also not able to do background checks or take credit cards. If something happens I can say without a doubt, I sold it at or to the gun shop. I always give my friends first shot at an awesome deal before I put it on consignment for more money $$$ because the dealer needs to make his cut. I always get close to what I want sometimes even more and I didn't have to be home or wait around for someone (I don't know) that could be a nut job, then have the guy say they don't want to do an FFL transfer and a background check because an AK 47 or an AR15 is a long gun and this is PA. With everything that's happing these days it's not only easier, it's safer to put guns on consignment.
    Last edited by :-); September 18th, 2018 at 06:59 PM.

(Cumberland County)

Quote Originally Posted by titleiiredneck View Post
    You can also use the phone app PaEdocket for a quick pa bgc if you know first last name and somewhat of a address.
    The app isn't perfect, but it can work under the right circumstances. I had a run in with the police as a teenager that could cause me a delay (diversionary stuff), but it doesn't come up there.

(Lackawanna County)

Quote Originally Posted by MattTheCat114 View Post
    The app isn't perfect, but it can work under the right circumstances. I had a run in with the police as a teenager that could cause me a delay (diversionary stuff), but it doesn't come up there.
    Under 18 and it won't.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12