Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
    (Columbia County)

Default Re: "Anything more than five rounds and you are a problem"

The anti second amendment tactic of promoting the fact that gun owners really want gun control is nothing new. Whoopie Goldburg is one example of a celebrity who does this, that is; identifying herself as a gun owner than in the same sentence expressing her love for the next gun banning scheme. . It's just like if someone owns a musical instrument it doesn't make them a musician, if someone owns a gun, it doesn't automatically make them pro-second amendment either.

If someone would confront me with that statement I would tell him or her that I join pro gun organizations, vote for pro second amendment candidates and write my elected officials to ensure his/her goofy ideas never become law.

Self-defense is not just another facet of hunting.

If you need 30 rounds in your rifle to go deer hunting, then yes, you suck as a hunter.

If you're going up against multiple armed human beings who are willing to kill you and your family, then let's assume that every police department in the United States is correct, and that you need 15 rounds or more in your sidearm and you need 30 rounds and multiple mags for that AR-15 in the trunk or next to the bed.
    Attorney Phil Kline, AKA gunlawyer001@gmail.com
    Ce sac n'est pas un jouet.

(Berks County)

Quote Originally Posted by Didnotcomply89 View Post
    If a government employee refers to 45acp ammunition as 'shells' then maybe.
    Red nose from a lifetime spent on a bar stool?
    The Gun is the Badge of a Free Man

(Berks County)

Ask him if police need more than 5 rounds. If so, why?

(Warren County)

all the above is correct and I cannot improve on it.

You are dealing with somebody that does not think clearly.
    American by BIRTH, Infidel by CHOICE

(Berks County)

I would hope that five would be enough but I wouldn't risk my life on it. OTOH, I'm not worried about carrying extra loaded mags except to balance out my Miami Classic.
    Gender confusion is a mental illness

(Washington County)

In a conversation with another gun owner today, he declared that if anyone needs more than five shots to end a threat then they have a big problem, as in the big problem is that you are incompetent, and that no one 'needs' 30 round magazines or 'assault weapons' ...
    Another gun owner that doesn't understand the concept of gun ownership, it's not about the "need", it's about the constitutional right.

Now it's true some CC people just don't practice enough to be accurate in high-stress situations with their heartbeat and breathing out of the norm or are even competent with their CC firearm, that part I can see where he is coming from, "If everyone spent as much time at the range as I do, then everyone would just need five shots" mentality, but I also hear an old-school revolver guy with a hatred for those high-compacity "plastic guns".

You "should" be proficient with your carry firearm (but if you don't want to be, that's your "right" too), but you should build that muscle memory of drawing with all types of clothing, firing accurately while moving, reloading (if you carry an extra magazines), and dealing with malfunctions without having to think about.
    Washington County Machine Guns & Tactical Range -- CMP Affiliated Club -- FFL 07 / FFL 10 / FEL 20 / SOT 02 / ITAR
    Largest MG Rental Business on the entire East Coast. M2HB, M9 Flamethrower, M67 Grenades, M240 Bravo, M249 SAW, M1919, RPD, M60, Bowling Ball Mortar.
    Now offering High-Explosive Classes (Open to the Public)

(Monroe County)

In a conversation with another gun owner today, he declared that if anyone needs more than five shots to end a threat then they have a big problem, as in the big problem is that you are incompetent, and that no one 'needs' 30 round magazines or 'assault weapons' (common sporting rifles). Your thoughts? is there truth to the statement? ignorance? I withhold my opinion until I hear some thoughts from the community. I don't mean for this to turn into a flame war. I want to gather insight from other people that I recognize at least know half of what they are talking about, at minimum.

Thanks.
    In a 1V1 yea 5 should do it, I'm maxed out at 6 so I better hit center mass. So I'm screwed if the warriors want to come out in play unlike people who have more ammo on them than I carry in call of duty "just in case" Fuck the don't need, you want to carry 5-17rd mags, that's your problem. Same applies for hunting 4 legged things. I got 5 in the gun, never came back with more than 3 rounds shot.
    Owner Trigger Time LLc 01 FFL/NFA Saylorsburg, PA. Sales/Service/Transfers/Training
    NRA CRSO/Pistol/Rifle/Shotgun inst. BSA Rifle/Shotgun Merit badge counselor. US Navy Marksmanship Team Staff

(Susquehanna County)

I truly hope I would be able to stop the threat in 5 or less shots.. However I don't want to be standing there holding an unloaded pistol as the threat continues.

Rather stop them in 5 and have some left over, then run out when I REALLY needed it
    Retired US Army
    NRA Life Member, GOA, USCCA
    "Artificial intelligence is no match for Natural Stupidity"

(Washington County)

There isn't a problem until your back hurts.

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast