Wow, How time flies when you're having fun and post on here way too much.

Just finished my TV dinner while Mrs 27 is eating at the fancy shmancy (sp?) restaraunt she usually works at ( other coworkers pitched in to show her they liked her and appreciated her help) (What am I, chopped liver???).. Oh Well.

2008- the year. 2008 -the post.

I've been posting here since Jun of 06.

I think I remember Dan posting about his new site on GlockTalk and I thought. "Man, I can hardly keep up with posts on the couple forums i frequent now. I'll pass for a while on this PAFOA thingy".

When the site was young and membership low, it seemed like you pretty much knew everyone or at least knew how they would post on any given thread.

Now, with the constantly growing membership, it's cool to see new members make their way into the various threads. Usually welcomed with open arms, sometimes slightly scolded for calling a mag a clip (or worse, thinking the XD is an OK firearm------Just a little 27humor---smiles at making himself smile).

I remember my 100th post about a bit of my personal and firearms history.

The early group shoots.
This was the first time a few of us who never met or met once or twice got together to just shoot and have a good time.
The first one i went to was the effort of D-Fens getting a bunch together and offering to buy food to entice us to come because the first get together was only a party of 2 with him and EM sharing a range.
The sandwich ring he got was the beginning of a pretty good thing. Others brought donuts,drinks and other stuff. For little organizing, it took off and became a huge success, So anyone going to a Westie group shoot, give your thanks to this dude and the fact that EM and him took the initiative to post a thread on it being OK to be a groupie. .

Food seemed to be the bond. Sandwich ring,hamburgers, hotdogs kielbassa w sauerkraut,more donuts, coffee, OJ, cookies, chips on and on.

Oh yeah, we shot a little ,bullshitted a lot. Forced guns on each other to shoot repeatedly and repeatedly and i think that part of the group shoots is still witnessed even today.

Thanks D-Fens, You are a cool dude and I like shooting with you any chance I get.

That one thread got us off our asses and out to the range.

Before that, I had been taking a few training classes through Pete G's Pennsylvania Firearms Developement Corp which eventually became the FireInstitute, did some John Farnam and a class with Stan Holland (RIP) of the US Marshals service. I met some real fine men at these training classes. TonyF comes to mind as well as meeting, taking classes with and eventually taking classes from Pete G.(the humiliator and praxis supplier at a few group shoots).

With a bit of shooting experience under my belt (training in it's infancy ,if you will), I spent more time at the range which was Greater Pitt Gun Club. I started shooting IDPA(member BIB ran this) and a small combat shoot Bob Morris ran at the club.

I took some of the NRA instructors classes there as well as the RSO course they offered.

Sorry, I got off track. For a minute, I thought it was all about me but realized it's all about all of us who have in some manner helped someone on this board with information, material things someone no longer needed and given freely to another or perhaps nothing more than a kind word or thought of concern if something wasn't right with another member.

Getting back on track here, this site has had threads so diverse (being kind here) that we talked about everything from pets,to work, illness,job loss,questions on probably hundreds of gun related issues, threads letting us realize what was going on with firearm affecting legislation, free t shirts,hats and PAFOA stickers (OK I made that up). You get my drift. A bunch of information and more opinions on anything you could shake a stick at.

The members here are so incredibly diverse as well. Some of you simply amaze me with your knowledge and the ability to discuss that knowledge so that others can benefit from it. Some have been abused for posting rampant idiocy and /or bullshit. Generally this type of post brings out the worst and the best in others. Checking each other on how far one can go down a given road is also interesting.

You all are a fine bunch and I'm glad i came aboard, hung out with yinz and go t to meet many of you.
Gotta go now. Mrs27 should be heading home and I have to wash out the TV dinner plate

My thanks to you all for making this a great site.

27hand