Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Target World

(Berks County)

Default Target World

We spent the day driving to some shops have heard good and bad and wanted to see for myself, first stop was Clayton's lot's of AR more then most of our local shops then off to Bunker Gun Shop very nice smaller then I thought it would be will go back when I'm looking for my next CZ, and then our final stop was Target World we walked in to a nice guy and said hello and asked if we need help and the gun store was up stairs nothing real special we saw baseball hat that I was getting for son and when we went to pay for it the clerk ask for an ID and I thought I heard him wrong and asked again and asked why he said store policy and took my money back and said no thanks and walked out.
    I have been to many shops even out of state and never have been asked for ID on anything I have ever bought. Just seemed strange has anyone else run into this before it was new to me.

(Warren County)

Default Re: Target World

Quote Originally Posted by DarrenL View Post
    We spent the day driving to some shops have heard good and bad and wanted to see for myself, first stop was Clayton's lot's of AR more then most of our local shops then off to Bunker Gun Shop very nice smaller then I thought it would be will go back when I'm looking for my next CZ, and then our final stop was Target World we walked in to a nice guy and said hello and asked if we need help and the gun store was up stairs nothing real special we saw baseball hat that I was getting for son and when we went to pay for it the clerk ask for an ID and I thought I heard him wrong and asked again and asked why he said store policy and took my money back and said no thanks and walked out.
    I have been to many shops even out of state and never have been asked for ID on anything I have ever bought. Just seemed strange has anyone else run into this before it was new to me.
    good job!
    American by BIRTH, Infidel by CHOICE

(Lackawanna County)

I would have walked out without the hat as well. That's one stupid policy. I hate when stores feel like they need to one-up the law somehow in order to virtue-signal to idiots.

(Bucks County)

ID needed to by a ball cap? I haven't bought much at Target World...but don't remember that happening to me. I would've walked too.

Reminds me of of the old days with Radio Shack needing your name and address regardless of what you bought.

(Lehigh County)

I know they check if you bought there before. Get discount if NRA or gun club member. Could have been why.

(Luzerne County)

My 2 cents …
    I was in Target World for the 1st time late Sunday afternoon.
    Nice clean, well kept & well stocked large shop!
    They have a very large section of used & consignment guns, in addition to new stock and safes and accessories...
    I had the pleasure of dealing with LISA & GEORGE upstairs … Chris, Pat & her husband (owners) downstairs.
    I found them ALL to be extremely patient/helpful and purchased a number of items.
    Yes, they did discount my order as I was an NRA member.
    Yes, the did scan my Drivers License and it really didn't bother me in the least.
    A very productive visit and I will make it a regular stop when in the area.

(Lancaster County)

Quote Originally Posted by mokoitis View Post
    My 2 cents …
    I was in Target World for the 1st time late Sunday afternoon.
    Nice clean, well kept & well stocked large shop!
    They have a very large section of used & consignment guns, in addition to new stock and safes and accessories...
    I had the pleasure of dealing with LISA & GEORGE upstairs … Chris, Pat & her husband (owners) downstairs.
    I found them ALL to be extremely patient/helpful and purchased a number of items.
    Yes, they did discount my order as I was an NRA member.
    Yes, the did scan my Drivers License and it really didn't bother me in the least.
    A very productive visit and I will make it a regular stop when in the area.
    So, not only are they asking to see ID, but they're scanning it into their POS as well? Where is that data going? How is it protected en route and while it's being stored? Who has access to that data after the fact?

Yup, there's a store I'll never shop at. Ain't no reason to scan a DL when it's not required by law.
    Rules are written in the stone,
    Break the rules and you get no bones,
    all you get is ridicule, laughter,
    and a trip to the house of pain.

OP way to vote with your wallet! Where is this place located? Your info could go into a junk mail data base or in the wrong hands.
    Aggies Coach Really ??? Take off the tin foil bro.

(Montgomery County)

Very odd. I bought a set of sling rings for my rifle last Sunday, and no ID was required. But then again, they know me and I'm a member.

(Philadelphia County)

Soon shops will be asking to see I.D. for entry.A few years back I purchased an AR at Atlantic Tactical and the woman who handled the transaction made a copy of my driver's license.
    There are no pacts between lions and men.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast