Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Target World

(Bucks County)

Default Re: Target World

We talking about a Target World in California or New Jerseystan etc?
    Its easier to fool people than to convince them they've been fooled....Mark Twain

Been there plenty of times and bought lots of stuff ranging from high end Beretta shotguns to a used AK mag....other than a Firearms purchase, never asked me for my ID. There has to be more to the original story that we are not hearing.

(Chester County)

Are you sure they didn't ask for your punctuation card?

(Montgomery County)

Target World in Chalfont, Pa.

(Berks County)

Nope nothing else to the story that's why I was confused why they needed an ID and plus he wasn't satisfy with just looking at my ID he wanted me to take it and hand it over and that's why I walked out.

Quote Originally Posted by Seabee CO View Post
    Been there plenty of times and bought lots of stuff ranging from high end Beretta shotguns to a used AK mag....other than a Firearms purchase, never asked me for my ID. There has to be more to the original story that we are not hearing.

(Berks County)

Nope he said Drivers License

Quote Originally Posted by mixednuts View Post
    Are you sure they didn't ask for your punctuation card?

(Delaware County)

Went there several months ago to possibly trade some things for one of the used items they had on gun broker. Introduced my self to the salesman who then told me I must be mistaken. That they don’t auction. When I reiterated slowly that it was on gun broker, all of a sudden he “understood”. I then mention that I had two guns in my backpack that were cased and unloaded that they needed to look at to in order to form a trade value. Guy #1 who told me that don’t auction guns, then tells me I should have checked the pistols downstairs at the range. Check the pistols , cased and unloaded downstairs at the range in order to bring them up stairs to get a trade value??? I remove (with their permission) the cased and unloaded pistols and hand the cases to the employee. As soon as he sees one of the cases he says: “oh we don’t take trades on those (it was not a hi point btw)” you have to go up the road to XYZ to trade those. OK fair enough. Its their business. They can do what they want. However, NOWHERE, on the web page does it say: “ We only take trades on abc guns and not xyz guns”. In their defense, they do have a large selection of used pistols. To their detriment, the reason the selection is so large is because their asking prices are out of this world. Look for yourself. They have pages of listing on Gunbroker and the units never sell. I am happy and grateful for all gun stores and I wish all of them the very best. Target World in Chalfont, needs to be more like Tanners which is not that far away. Other wise, except for the range. whats the point of going there?

(Chester County)

Quote Originally Posted by mokoitis View Post
    My 2 cents …
    I was in Target World for the 1st time late Sunday afternoon.
    Nice clean, well kept & well stocked large shop!
    They have a very large section of used & consignment guns, in addition to new stock and safes and accessories...
    I had the pleasure of dealing with LISA & GEORGE upstairs … Chris, Pat & her husband (owners) downstairs.
    I found them ALL to be extremely patient/helpful and purchased a number of items.
    Yes, they did discount my order as I was an NRA member.
    Yes, the did scan my Drivers License and it really didn't bother me in the least.
    A very productive visit and I will make it a regular stop when in the area.
    Your DL has all your info on it including you Social Security number and is now being sold to the highest bidder. That's why they do that. Best Buy does it when you return an item. I threatened to sue Best Buy if they used my Social Security information and made them pay for a year's worth of Life Lock to protect my information after I returned an expensive electronic item. They refused to refund my money until the scanned my DL. I still have the Life Lock but I pay for it now.

DO NOT LET ANY STORE SCAN YOUR DRIVER"S LICENSE!!!!!!!!
    Corruption is the default behavior of government officials. JPC

(Erie County)

You can check out as a member or a guest, discount for members.

I've never had a problem there saying no to id for nonfirearms purchase.

Probably someone unfamiliar with the menu on the computer. They have to select one of the two options.

(Montgomery County)

I'm coming up on my second renewal of my yearly membership at TW. Never really had a problem with them. I think it's mostly to see if you've purchased from them before. Really enjoy the staff and range for the most poart. Their prices are 10-15% higher than most places around here, which sucks, but I guess that's their decision. They must do decent business to stay open. I like going, and will continue going.

edit: also sorry didn't see this was so old
    Last edited by Gr1mfire; May 26th, 2019 at 09:07 PM.
    I just love shooting.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast