My son, who lived with me, committed suicide at home, using his own handgun, The State police came and took the gun used, as evidence, and then took another gun that was in the room as well, in addition to some other items. They were both his guns, and he left no will, so I am going to have to go through the process of getting appointed as the administrator of his estate. We went to inquire about the status of the investigation and the return of all the property (including guns). We were told that the guns would be destroyed, we had no right to them, and since we could not prove ownership of the other items (a holster for one of my guns, for example) that we would not be able to get them back either. I have no desire to keep the guns, but would rather sell them to help defray some of the costs incurred during this horrible tragedy. Any advice on this would be welcome. I would also welcome prayers for our family as we are all in a complete state of shock. I am numb and feel like this is a bad dream at the moment. I know that at some point reality is going to hit me like a ton of bricks. Thanks for any help you can offer.