Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 25
  1. #11
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Collier Twp, Pennsylvania
    (Allegheny County)
    Posts
    877
    Rep Power
    7512696

    Default Re: Elite Firearms, Bridgeville, Pa

    There are no pictures of the new range, it is getting a new look.
    Good to hear, it could use some paint, some more light fixtures, and some sound dampening materials. We had to install acoustic tiling in our indoor range at the P.D. that I worked for when we decided to switch to ARs from Shotty's back in the mid 90s (also had to install a different backstop - but that was a given). It made a big difference.

    ICA might have been one of the loudest indoor ranges that I have ever used - and I have had the chance to shoot at more than a few different indoor ranges over the past 30+ years.

    Again, my wife and I are hoping that this works out, for Jody and for the shooters in the South Hills area...
    Tomorrow's battle is won during today's practice.

  2. #12
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
    (Allegheny County)
    Posts
    5
    Rep Power
    0

    Default Re: Elite Firearms, Bridgeville, Pa

    Quote Originally Posted by Emptymag View Post
    I believe they know each other. I think she has used his range for classes from what I've read in other threads.

    Still, I think it's in poor taste to use an image like that - at least add a photo credit.
    No worries... Nothing was done in poor taste. WCMG was given full credit for the pic when it was originally posted on my Facebook page after our 2 day interview with the Washington Post!
    WCMG let me know if its a problem! : ) Jody!
    Last edited by Jsale2869; September 20th, 2018 at 09:45 PM.

  3. #13
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
    (Allegheny County)
    Posts
    25,838
    Rep Power
    21474874

    Default Re: Elite Firearms, Bridgeville, Pa

    Quote Originally Posted by Jsale2869 View Post
    No worries... Nothing was done in poor taste. WCMG was given full credit for the pic when it was originally posted on my Facebook page after our 2 day interview with the Washington Post!
    WCMG let me know if its a problem! : )
    Cool. I figured it wasn't a big deal.
    I have an art/graphic design background, so I'm more sensitive to things like that than most people are.
    Pittsburgh GROUP SHOOT - Eat BACON!!! Shoot PUMPKINS!!! Oct 19, 2019 - INFO HERE

  4. #14
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
    (Allegheny County)
    Posts
    5
    Rep Power
    0

    Default Re: Elite Firearms, Bridgeville, Pa

    Quote Originally Posted by WCMG View Post
    That picture looks oddly familiar.. oh wait, that's our range with a picture our MG's.
    Love that pic!

  5. #15
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Economy, Pennsylvania
    (Beaver County)
    Posts
    84
    Rep Power
    2853

    Default Re: Elite Firearms, Bridgeville, Pa

    They were supposed to open on the 1st, anyone check it out yet?

  6. #16
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Collier Twp, Pennsylvania
    (Allegheny County)
    Posts
    877
    Rep Power
    7512696

    Default Re: Elite Firearms, Bridgeville, Pa

    They were supposed to open on the 1st, anyone check it out yet?
    My wife and I stopped by. We checked it out and wish her success in her business venture.

    I currently belong to PMSC and Keystone; both memberships come up for renewal at the end of this year. We are definitely keeping the PMSC membership; just have to decide which range to go with for our "winter weather" use. Right now it’s between Keystone and INPAX.
    Tomorrow's battle is won during today's practice.

  7. #17
    Join Date
    Sep 2018
    Location
    Pittsburgh - with an H, Pennsylvania
    Posts
    59
    Rep Power
    0

    Default Re: Elite Firearms, Bridgeville, Pa

    Jason "Douchebag" Doetzer is out of business? Best news I've had all month.

    I bought a membership at ICA before the range was even open. Six months in, he started changing rules and policies and doing his best to drive customers away.

    I'll have to stop by and check out the new owner.

  8. #18
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Economy, Pennsylvania
    (Beaver County)
    Posts
    84
    Rep Power
    2853

    Default Re: Elite Firearms, Bridgeville, Pa

    Quote Originally Posted by Orive 8 View Post
    My wife and I stopped by. We checked it out and wish her success in her business venture.

    I currently belong to PMSC and Keystone; both memberships come up for renewal at the end of this year. We are definitely keeping the PMSC membership; just have to decide which range to go with for our "winter weather" use. Right now it’s between Keystone and INPAX.
    Thanks, I think that tells me what I need to know.

  9. #19
    Join Date
    Sep 2018
    Location
    Pittsburgh - with an H, Pennsylvania
    Posts
    59
    Rep Power
    0

    Default Re: Elite Firearms, Bridgeville, Pa

    Looked into the place. Pretty expensive. $350 a year plus $150 a year for a family member. So $500 a year for you and your wife.

    You have to buy their ammo for "insurance reasons." 9mm ammo is about $10.50 a box for some brand I hadn't heard of.

    You do get . . . are you ready? .. . free targets.

    I wish them luck but I have too much ammo to justify buying theirs.

  10. #20
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
    (Allegheny County)
    Posts
    5
    Rep Power
    0

    Default Re: Elite Firearms, Bridgeville, Pa

    Quote Originally Posted by Roger Kipwell View Post
    Looked into the place. Pretty expensive. $350 a year plus $150 a year for a family member. So $500 a year for you and your wife.

    You have to buy their ammo for "insurance reasons." 9mm ammo is about $10.50 a box for some brand I hadn't heard of.

    You do get . . . are you ready? .. . free targets.

    I wish them luck but I have too much ammo to justify buying theirs.
    Surprised that you've never heard of PMC or Fiocchi ammo....

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Elite Firearms Hermitage,Pa
    By hdward@verizon.net in forum Shops
    Replies: 30
    Last Post: October 5th, 2016, 09:24 PM
  2. Utah ccw course at elite firearms
    By ChrisUSMC in forum Mercer
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: July 24th, 2012, 06:34 PM
  3. Replies: 7
    Last Post: June 10th, 2009, 11:33 AM
  4. Elite Firearms, Hermitage, PA
    By ranger_5_0 in forum General
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: June 5th, 2009, 05:47 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Local gun shops | Local shooting ranges | Philadelphia Shooting Ranges | Philadelphia Gun Shops | Pittsburgh Shooting Ranges | Pittsburgh Gun Shops