Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    (Lycoming County)

Default Re: Archon Type B's are shipping

Quote Originally Posted by Hodgie View Post
    Yeah early reports aren’t looking to promising on this pistol. Check out MAC and Honest Outlaws new videos.

I hope you don’t experience the same issues.
    I've seen both. Honest Outlaw couldn't get through a mag. MAC's was only marginally better.

(Beaver County)

Quote Originally Posted by R L Suehr View Post
    I've seen both. Honest Outlaw couldn't get through a mag. MAC's was only marginally better.
    I just watched honest outlaw's video. Notice how the video cut a few times? I assume that was to edit out a few meltdowns and f bombs to keep the video family friendly. Haha. I bought a Ruger PC carbine this year but otherwise, I don't buy new guns very often. Most of my money is spent on ammo and upgrades/modifications but I was intrigued by this for a few minutes. Cool looking gun but that means dick if it doesn't work. I assume the striker issue would be easier to fix than what was wrong with the RP9 (haha everything) but still. I'll pass and stick with my 92FS.

(Berks County)

Quote Originally Posted by Misery Loves Shotguns View Post
    I just watched honest outlaw's video. Notice how the video cut a few times? I assume that was to edit out a few meltdowns and f bombs to keep the video family friendly. Haha. I bought a Ruger PC carbine this year but otherwise, I don't buy new guns very often. Most of my money is spent on ammo and upgrades/modifications but I was intrigued by this for a few minutes. Cool looking gun but that means dick if it doesn't work. I assume the striker issue would be easier to fix than what was wrong with the RP9 (haha everything) but still. I'll pass and stick with my 92FS.
    I know of no problems with the RP9. The R51 on the other hand took over 2 years to re-engineer and get back into production. Stacking tolerance errors and timing issues.

I have missed owning guns because of not buying early and I have suffered early adopter Guinea pig syndrome. Both suck.

Brian, what is the dip in the front half of the slide? Functional or aesthetics ?
    The Gun is the Badge of a Free Man

(Northampton County)

I will find out for sure tomorrow when I shoot it with mixed ammo. Today I have cut some trees and finish my shops roof repairs. Tomorrow will be trigger time. If I have any issues you will hear about tomorrow. Mac did not have any luck with the Sig 365 either. The next interesting pistol that I am getting for the shop is the REX Alpha, took a good look at that at Shot Show as well. On A side note Prepper Gunshop sold out their first batch of these Archons so if a lot of people have issues with this new pistol the forums will be full of complaints and that is something that will force the manufacturer to take immediate action. Companies do not like have their reputations trashed online. I have become a Grand Power pistol fanboy over the last several years and I had one bad pistol from them and was getting a poor response from Grand Power America until I posted some things online,then I got new pistol in four days problem solved. Archon asked me to shoot it and give them feedback since they knew upfront that one was for me. I shoot and call my sales rep on Monday ,they will hear about my experience good or bad.
    www.EastonFirearmsRefinishing.com Owner/Operator, NRA Pistol Instructor

(Northampton County)

Well I finished my tree cutting and my 50 year silicone roof on the shop this afternoon, so I will be at the range at 10 pm tomorrow morning, My mixed ammo is 124 gr winchester nato ,pmc 115 gr , privi partisan 115 gr and S&B 115 gr. I did see That MAC posted that he has a second one and was able to run 300 rounds through it trouble free,he say's he will be posting a second video. I have three pistols on hand ,I am only planning on shooting mine tomorrow.

(Lycoming County)

Quote Originally Posted by Misery Loves Shotguns View Post
    The only brand new gun I've gotten recently was the Security 9 and it's been rock solid. I generally buy used guns, mainly because I'm just not that into newer stuff. Since starting my YouTube channel, I've been considering more "new" items.

(Northampton County)

This will be a short report and I will respond back to questions tomorrow. First I will throw this out ,normally I would not respond to a price question here because I am a business owner and as a forum member we are not supposed to answer though question here. Today I will answer that question because all Archon dealers had to sign minimum pricing agreement so that all Archon Type B pistols will sell for $849.95 with 4 mags ,a padded case etc. So whether you bought one from me or the guy down the Street it sells for $849.95 and of course in Pa add 6% sale tax. Now let talk about the pistol and how it shot. We ,myself and 6 members who where at Easton Fish and Game shot 570 rounds of 124 gr Winchester Nato ,Privi Partisan 115 gr , S&B 115 gr and PMC 115 gr. I shot the first 150 rounds .zero malfunctions. During the continued firing of the pistol by all seven of us we had 4 rounds of the S&B ammo that did not fire,the other three ammo brands ran perfectly. They were not light primer strikes. I put those rounds in a empty mag and tired to fire them again , 2 fired and 2 did not. I took the unfired rounds and put in my P11 hammer fired Grand Power and tried to light them off ,one fired and one did not go off. Most likely these were just really hard primers. Accuracy was great and at about 350 round that trigger was smoothing out nicely. trigger was a little gritty through the first 150 rounds . I had Glock ,Xd and S&W shooters this morning ,they liked the trigger and how the pistol sat in hands. I had them shoot at 2 x 2 inch orange square targets at 7 yards some of them put the entire 15 round mag in the square, they were impressed with accuracy, bottom line is that accuracy will be determined by the shooter. Now basic range work is done I and what i must do next is get another 6 or types of ammo including some hollow points and go back to the range and shoot some more. That will be later this week and again on next Sunday. I will be there next Sunday At 10 am again ,feel free to stop by and shoot it,bring your favorite factory ammo.

(Northampton County)

I just took the pistol apart this morning , no real wear just filthly from yesterdays shooting session ,so I will clean and lube and then order some more different ammo types.

(Northampton County)

Just got back from Sarco they had a good variety of 9 mm so I bought it for this Sunday. I am adding 3 boxes of American Eagle 115 gr, 2 boxes Aguila 124 gr, Armscor 115 gr 2 boxes ,i box of Independence 115 gr, 2 boxes of ZVS 124 gr and 2 boxes of PPU 147 gr JHP to what left in the can about 400 round mixed 124 gr Winchester Nato , S&B 115 gr, PMC 115 and PPU 115 gr. I am planning on staying at the range from 10 am til 1pm so stop by if you want to try it out ,again fell free to bring your brand of factory ammo. My goal is to run as many different brands of ammo as I can get my hands on by Sunday. I am going to try and hit Walmart ,Heritage Guild and yes even Dicks Sporting Goods where I normally would not shop,I know they will have some different ammo brands by the weekend.

(Northampton County)

One last thing I have a guest pass for my range so you do not have to be a member of the range to come and try it out.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast