Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    (Northampton County)

Default Re: Archon Type B's are shipping

Second day of testing with the Archon Type B 1263 rounds fired ,over 900 by me , only had 5 other shooters today because I forgot there was steel plate match going on today zero malfunctions ,zero light strikes. Brands of ammo today as follows: Fiocchi, ZVS,Blazer Brass,American Eagle ,smoky as hell will never buy that brand again,PMC Bronze,PPU 147 JHP, RNP65 GR plastic Range ammo ,I liked that brand a lot, Geco, Independence JHP,Aguila,Armscor,Hornady Critical Defense, Hornady Critical Duty,Lehigh Defense Penetrator,American Gunner GDHP, FC hollow points, and Speer Gold Dot defensive ammo. Bullet grains weights from 65 Gr to 147. At 3 minutes before 1:00 pm we ran out of ammo. Started at 10 am and kept the pistol constantly firing for just short of three hours. My ammo costs for both weekends were about $550, no my ammo is not sponsored Like Mac on the Military Arms Channel. The gun was not cleaned or lubed at any time during today's shooting session. Mac in his second video states that the trigger is getting to hot and could cause you to get second or third degree burns. I pulled the trigger personally on this pistol a little over 850 times toady ,no second or third degree burns present although at 58 years old my hand is tired. the grip texture did not leave any marks on my hand. Think Mac is soft . Bottom line is the pistol shot great and I would have no trouble shooing 400 rounds at any type of pistol class.
    www.EastonFirearmsRefinishing.com Owner/Operator, NRA Pistol Instructor

(Northampton County)

One last thing total round count for last week and this week is 1833 rounds, 1263 today .

(Northampton County)

Now last week Mac /military arms channel had two videos that came on the Archon pistol both where rather negative, then fast forward to today's Gauntlet video , the Archon fully passed is Gauntlet test so his words not mine ,he recollects that this is the only striker fired pistol that fully passed his gauntlet test and now he calls it a great gun! Then he goes on to tell you how you can support his channel . Listen any time a new gun comes out before buying one it is always wise to find someone who has one and try shooting theirs before running out and buying it. I have little faith in any of the online reviewers anymore because of this kind of crap. That is why I try guns out myself ,shoot them plenty and then talk about them. The last part of my testing will be to void the warranty on one of the pistols that I got in. I will do that by doing some sort of cerakote refinishing on it just to see how it holds up to baking when disassembled. I think it will that test as well,three hours of constant shooting got it pretty warm Got to love these youtube guys. Me I am just a F.O.G. with a hell of a lot of trigger time over years.

(Lycoming County)

Quote Originally Posted by Brian Ahearn View Post
    Now last week Mac /military arms channel had two videos that came on the Archon pistol both where rather negative, then fast forward to today's Gauntlet video , the Archon fully passed is Gauntlet test so his words not mine ,he recollects that this is the only striker fired pistol that fully passed his gauntlet test and now he calls it a great gun! Then he goes on to tell you how you can support his channel . Listen any time a new gun comes out before buying one it is always wise to find someone who has one and try shooting theirs before running out and buying it. I have little faith in any of the online reviewers anymore because of this kind of crap. That is why I try guns out myself ,shoot them plenty and then talk about them. The last part of my testing will be to void the warranty on one of the pistols that I got in. I will do that by doing some sort of cerakote refinishing on it just to see how it holds up to baking when disassembled. I think it will that test as well,three hours of constant shooting got it pretty warm Got to love these youtube guys. Me I am just a F.O.G. with a hell of a lot of trigger time over years.
    Well, as one of the YouTube guys, you can only review on the product you have. You're going on a sample size of 1. I seriously doubt Mac made up the light primer strike issue, which is why he got another to try and it didn't have the issue (sample size 2 now).

MAC is one of the most credible reviewers on YouTube. Unlike most he purchases all his test guns and doesn't take any money from companies, in order to stay unbiased.

It's great yours runs 110% and it was impressive that it went as far as it did in his guantlet test. That's still a sample size of 4 I've seen or heard of and two had issues. I'll wait and see how things go with them before I drop $850 on one myself.

Of course if Archon is reading this and wants to send me one too test on YouTube, I don't have MAC'S aversion to free test guns.

(Northampton County)

Wish I could get free ammo and test guns too,buts that's not gonna happen. I bought three of the pistols at shot show something I would not normally do, like I said I prefer to shoot guns before buying . So when these arrived I choose to log one out to me so I could shoot the crap instead of putting them right up for sale. I only stock unique pistols and I don't stock much because I am a refinishing shop not a gun store, beside you guys no you can usually better deals on line today. So I called my wife from shot show and told here I was going to take a chance on these ,basically a gamble. Most of the dealers around the country have mostly sold out these handguns already . I have not officially put mine up for sale . I wish I could say that the other two guns shoot ,but I can't and if I shoot them now they are used and devalued. Last I don't think Honest Outlaw or Mac made up anything , Mac's had 3 light strikes and Honest Outlaws did not work at all. I have one that works and 2 unknowns. I have to decide whether to shoot the other two and lose money. What I meant with my previous post is that I rather do it myself because I am skeptical of crap on the internet, there is a lot of misinformation. I should have been clear about my sample size. I only know about the performance of 1 of my 3 pistols. Now I have to decide about shooting the other two before selling them. I will chew on that for a few days till I get some 9 mm ammo in.

(Northampton County)

Quick update pistol is still shooting great and even though I have not advertised mine for sale yet ,one is already sold and gone. In addition extended mags are now available , I have not been able to find that link ,if you come across it please post it here. I want to get three extended mags for mine. I have one left and the one that have been shooting I am keeping so that if anyone wants to try one they can. I will be at Easton Fish and Game tomorrow at 10 am til 11;00 bring your own ammo cause mine got shot off last weekend.

(Northampton County)

One last though on this pistol ,yes it comes with a lifetime warranty that is transferable to the next buyer, see back to the range for an hour this morning, At least I am getting a lot of pistol shooting in.

One last though on this pistol ,yes it comes with a lifetime warranty that is transferable to the next buyer, see back to the range for an hour this morning, At least I am getting a lot of pistol shooting in.
    Who's backing the warranty? Archon, that was formed less than a year ago? Pretty big difference than HK or Walther saying lifetime warranty...

(Northampton County)

I can't say because to date I have not had to send an Archon pistol back,however they have told me that if any of those that I purchased has an issue , ship them back and they would do their best to repair and get them back to me in a week. If I have an issue I will send it back then I will know for sure how they respond. I can say that Sig has been giving some 365 purchasers the run around on replacing stirkers saying their pistol is not in the affected serial numbers, Scruff posted the the thread here in this pistol section saying that they wanted $35.00 for a new striker, probably wanted him to pay for shipping back and forth as well, You would have to ask him about that. HK well they have lot of problems , hope they don't go business ,I own some of there pistols. Hell I own Sigs too. I am a pistol guy, I own Glocks CZ's, 1911's different brands, S&W, Grand Power, Tristar CZ clones ,EAA, Sig ,HK FNH, Canik. I like to try new products and companies, sometimes that bites me in the ass. When it does I always post on a couple of forums and let other people know. If Archon bites me in teh ass you will here about. PS I carry the Grand Power Q1S striker fired pistol, great gun with lack of aftermarket accessories at the current time. Bought that one over the CZ P10C and I am a big CZ fan. I shoot as many I can afford to get hands on those I like usually buy other models from that company. Time will tell when it comes to Archon being a good or a bad company.

(York County)

Brian, this is exactly why I follow your postings. I much prefer hearing it from an end user, and not just some reviewer. We know it doesn't come cheap, but thank you.
    TERRA MAGNUM IMPERIUM

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast