Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    (Northampton County)

Default Archon Type B's are shipping

I signed up as a dealer for these at Shot Show 2018. I liked what I saw and I liked the fact that they where being sold with 4 mags , accessories and I soft range style case. Any how I placed an initial order and they finally called looking for money . They started shipping orders on the 7th so hopefully mine will arrive by the end of next week. I am going to keep one at the shop so I have one to show, but I am really dying to shoot it,trigger and reset felt real nice at Shot. So when they arrive I will be logging one out to my collection and heading to the range for some testing. Hopefully I will not be disappointed, I am very picky about striker fired pistols, there only a couple in my collection with trigger systems that I actually like to shoot. Trigger felt great at Shot Show, but pulling the trigger on an empty chamber is not same as one with a live round in it. I did like the feel of the grip frame and the fact that this pistol use Glock sights, so If I don't like the factory setup I can always swap them out. Last they indicated that threaded barrels are still a few months away ,so no mounting your suppressor on day one. I will post back on how it shoots and handles after going to Easton Fish and Game to put rounds through it. If you want more info click the link in my signature and send me an email or if you want to tag along and shoot it, I will let know when it arrives. You will just have to supply some new factory 9 mm ammo . My ammo habit is bad enough I can't afford yours.
    www.EastonFirearmsRefinishing.com Owner/Operator, NRA Pistol Instructor

(Northampton County)

Default Re: Archon Type B's are shipping

Got confirmation that my business check cleared and they had already shipped, looks like they are in Maryland now by the tracking , might have the pistols before Friday.

(Northampton County)

Just got a tracking update from UPS telling me that the pistols will arrive by the end of the day tomorrow. However I also have a overnight delivery for some Cerakote coming in tomorrow. The driver that handles those normally has my firearms as well so I may have them by mid morning. I will just have to wait and see. I will be in 8 am to 4 pm on Sat if any one wants a close up look at one.

(Northampton County)

Quick update, my Archon Type B's are here and sitting on my transfer bench. I am keeping one for me , unfortunately I have a lot more deliveries coming today so I can't just head out to the range to shoot it. For sure I will be at Easton Fish and Game on Sunday from 10 am to about 12 noon, I am going to wring it out thoroughly . For those of you who contacted me fell free to stop by today or tomorrow if you want to take a good look at one.

(Northampton County)

a couple quick pics

(Northampton County)

I have had a chance to spend a bit of time this afternoon with the pistol ,still feel the same about it as I did at Shot Sow last Jan, great ergonomics, very nice trigger with a short reset,it's a clean break and I am looking forward to shooting it Sunday morning. The packaging is nice and the the padded case range style zippered case with 4 mags is a big plus. About the only thing that I did not like is the red fiber optic front sight ,I am color blind so reds and certain greens I don't see well. Now I also am 58 so I made my only modification, I swapped out the red fiber optic front for a orange one and made it a little larger so I can pick it up fast. I have added a variety of 9 mm ammo to my range can so I am ready for trigger time.

(Jefferson County)

Quote Originally Posted by Brian Ahearn View Post
    I have had a chance to spend a bit of time this afternoon with the pistol ,still feel the same about it as I did at Shot Sow last Jan, great ergonomics, very nice trigger with a short reset,it's a clean break and I am looking forward to shooting it Sunday morning. The packaging is nice and the the padded case range style zippered case with 4 mags is a big plus. About the only thing that I did not like is the red fiber optic front sight ,I am color blind so reds and certain greens I don't see well. Now I also am 58 so I made my only modification, I swapped out the red fiber optic front for a orange one and made it a little larger so I can pick it up fast. I have added a variety of 9 mm ammo to my range can so I am ready for trigger time.
    That may explain some of your cerakotes...

just messing with you...
    RIP: SFN, 1861, twoeggsup, Lambo, jamesjo, JayBell, 32 Magnum, Pro2A, mrwildroot, dregan, Frenchy, Fragger, ungawa, Mtn Jack, Grapeshot, R.W.J., PennsyPlinker, Statkowski, Deanimator, roland, aubie515

Don't end up in my signature!

(Lackawanna County)

What’s the price point

(Lycoming County)

Quote Originally Posted by Brian Ahearn View Post
    I'm waiting to hear how it runs for you. So far I've seen two reviews of the production guns and they aren't positive. Lots of light primer strikes.

Quote Originally Posted by R L Suehr View Post
    I'm waiting to hear how it runs for you. So far I've seen two reviews of the production guns and they aren't positive. Lots of light primer strikes.
    Yeah early reports aren’t looking to promising on this pistol. Check out MAC and Honest Outlaws new videos.

I hope you don’t experience the same issues.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast