Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Default Re: Archon Type B's are shipping

Quote Originally Posted by DClan View Post
    Brian, this is exactly why I follow your postings. I much prefer hearing it from an end user, and not just some reviewer. We know it doesn't come cheap, but thank you.
    In Tim’s from the MAC defense everything he shoots or reviews he bought and owns. In this case his gun store like Brian has a deal with the manufacturer of this gun to sell it. His examples are his and not given to him.

(Northampton County)

Hodgie is right Mac bought his and the first gunsucked that' s a fact. Tim has shop and a partner, the gun business is a tough one today, so they don't like wasting money either. He and his partner ordered two ,I took a chance and ordered three just to get the free shipping. Now if the gun turns out to be a lemon then of course Tim won't stock ,neither would I. It will take some time and lots of feedback on these till we know all the facts. When Archon called at the of August because the guns arrived they wanted to know if I wanted to increase my order,I said no because I wanted to do a lot of shooting on some of the first ones and make sure they worked. I did not push to sell them either. I have two here to play with still . I will keep shooting the one on a regular basis,if it beaks you will here about it. I am hoping to run 5000 rounds through it by Christmas. I am almost half way there.
    www.EastonFirearmsRefinishing.com Owner/Operator, NRA Pistol Instructor

Round 2 for this guy, looks like he got his striker assembly replaced and it runs well so far.

I'm not sure the risk of a new product/company outweighs the miniscule bore axis advantage it has over a Glock that they've been hanging their hat on, and especially since the Laugo Arms Alien announcement that flips the barrel and spring to get the bore axis measurably lower.

Last edited by rice rocket; October 14th, 2018 at 09:11 AM.

(Lackawanna County)

The alien is going to be priced way above anything on the market. Prices I’ve heard are in the 4s. That’s thousands.

First run is limited to 500 units at a $2500 MSRP, which means the pricing will likely climb, yes...but rumor is CZ is interested in commercializing their design, not unlike how CZ brought Laugo's PCC to market as the Scorpion EVO. I'm sure it'll still be in the $1k range, but the Archon is already almost there @ $849.

My point was that Archon should revise their marketing material that claims "world's lowest bore axis" (not that they should've made that claim in the first place, S&W 422/622s have inverted springs/barrels as well, along with Matebas, the related Chiappa Rhinos, etc.)

Quote Originally Posted by rice rocket View Post
    First run is limited to 500 units at a $2500 MSRP, which means the pricing will likely climb, yes...but rumor is CZ is interested in commercializing their design, not unlike how CZ brought Laugo's PCC to market as the Scorpion EVO. I'm sure it'll still be in the $1k range, but the Archon is already almost there @ $849.

My point was that Archon should revise their marketing material that claims "world's lowest bore axis" (not that they should've made that claim in the first place, S&W 422/622s have inverted springs/barrels as well, along with Matebas, the related Chiappa Rhinos, etc.)

Yeah that’s a big claim especially with the design and functional success of the Hudson H9. That gun has zero muzzle flip at all.

(Northampton County)

The Alien is very interesting, saw the videos on the CZ forum , not sure a $2500 and up will sell many units at that price. However if CZ get's involved maybe prices will come down a bit ,who knows at this point we will half to wait and see. My Archon now has 2300 down the pipe still shoots fine.

(Monroe County)

Just wanted to add to Brian's post. I was out for one of his range sessions at EFGA with the gun. I'm not really a plastic gun guy, nor a 9mm guy per se, but it was a nice shooting gun. I shot 3 or 4 mags on Brian's dime (thanks Brian), and the trigger, ergos, and accuracy were all very good. I don't know that it is a gun that i'm going to run out and buy, but if you have the urge, it looks like a solid gun that should work well for you.

AJ

(Northampton County)

I will be there on Sunday Morning again 10 to 11 am anyone is welcome to stop by and try it ,just bring some 9mm .

(Northampton County)

Quick update ,just put the pistol over 2600 rounds, its getting boring now ,not a bad thing ,function is perfect no light strikes or failures of any kind,so boring is good. Now today I shot it against my favorite striker fired platform the Grand Power Q100 and Q1S. I have a number of striker fired guns. Grand Power still wins best factory striker fired trigger,just my opinion. So far with the guns that I have Archon comes in at #2 as far as factory triggers go , my custom Glock moves to #3 with a upgraded trigger. Over all this Archon is a super accurate shooter with nice factory trigger that comes with 4 mags a plus ,this gun is reliable enough for me to carry with no worries so it will stay in my striker fired collection. Next I will test two cheaper options that are not in my a Styer M9 3.6 inch barrel and the Sar 9 fullsize 9 mm, both of course are also striker fired. Archon is a okay by me and mine works great. Now we just have to see if more issue arise from other users of this pistol. That concludes my testing on this pistol. If an issue arise down the road I will report back on it So now mine is ready for some kind of crazy cerakote so I can test the polymer frame with heat applied.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234