Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Results 1 to 7 of 7
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
    (Allegheny County)
    Age
    62
    Posts
    2,899
    Rep Power
    5876948

    Default Ruger Precision Rifle

    This is my RPR in 6.5 Creedmoor with a Vortex Razor HD Gen II scope and SilencerCo suppressor.

    I put a MagPul stock on it because the factory stock kept pulling out beard hairs.

    I shoot it at Thunder Valley Prcision in Kimbolton, Ohio. They have steel targets from 200 yards out to a mile.

    The farthest I have hit a target so far is 1,500 yards but I really am a beginner. I took my first class two weeks ago after trying to learn on my own.

    39441924_2152407001644065_379393251737600000_n.jpg

    9_3_2017 1.jpg

    39519297_2153467678204664_4170150332287942656_n.jpg

    The dark berm is 600 yards and the farthest berm is 1,000 yards.
    40393884_2163582463859852_8896978277822889984_n.jpg

    TVP LOGO.jpg
    Last edited by DaveM55; September 12th, 2018 at 05:41 PM.
    "Having a gun and thinking you are armed is like having a piano and thinking you are a musician" Col. Jeff Cooper (U.S.M.C. Ret.)
    Speed is fine, Accuracy is final


  2. #2
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    NEPA, Pennsylvania
    (Wyoming County)
    Posts
    1,302
    Rep Power
    21474842

    Default Re: Ruger Precision Rifle

    Awesome! Thanks for sharing. I need to get there and check it out sometime. It's my understanding that the range is actually very close to where my parents live in Ohio. (Cambridge)

    When I got my RPR they were really hard to get in .308 and damn near impossible to get 6.5cm.....so I grabbed a .243 Not very fond of that damn 26" barrel. Once I put my suppressor on it's like taller than me hahaha
    Last edited by ExFlyinguy; September 12th, 2018 at 01:40 PM.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
    (Allegheny County)
    Age
    62
    Posts
    2,899
    Rep Power
    5876948

    Default Re: Ruger Precision Rifle

    Not too far from Cambridge.

    15786 Linton Township Rd 118
    Kimbolton, OH 43749
    "Having a gun and thinking you are armed is like having a piano and thinking you are a musician" Col. Jeff Cooper (U.S.M.C. Ret.)
    Speed is fine, Accuracy is final


  4. #4
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    On top of a hill, Pennsylvania
    Posts
    5,741
    Rep Power
    21474847

    Default Re: Ruger Precision Rifle

    Quote Originally Posted by ExFlyinguy View Post
    Awesome! Thanks for sharing. I need to get there and check it out sometime. It's my understanding that the range is actually very close to where my parents live in Ohio. (Cambridge)

    When I got my RPR they were really hard to get in .308 and damn near impossible to get 6.5cm.....so I grabbed a .243 Not very fond of that damn 26" barrel. Once I put my suppressor on it's like taller than me hahaha
    The price on them all has come down a lot and availability seems to be pretty good from places like KGC and CDNN. I would love to have one on 6.5 but being broke seems to always put a damper on that.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Milford, Pennsylvania
    (Pike County)
    Posts
    3,335
    Rep Power
    15543030

    Default Re: Ruger Precision Rifle

    I have so many friends with the rugers. They all love them. I went a slightly different way on mine and picked the tikka. There is another range on the eastern side that goes out to a mile. I canít remember the name but they hold the machine gun shoots there too

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    NEPA, Pennsylvania
    (Wyoming County)
    Posts
    1,302
    Rep Power
    21474842

    Default Re: Ruger Precision Rifle

    Quote Originally Posted by Hodgie View Post
    The price on them all has come down a lot and availability seems to be pretty good from places like KGC and CDNN. I would love to have one on 6.5 but being broke seems to always put a damper on that.
    I feel ya.....I've been rooting through couch cushions looking for spare change lately. Done tapped the piggy bank out and my truck keeps costing me dearly. Just got towed for the second time this year Starter failed right at the fuel pump of all places.

    Quote Originally Posted by NathanB View Post
    I have so many friends with the rugers. They all love them. I went a slightly different way on mine and picked the tikka. There is another range on the eastern side that goes out to a mile. I can’t remember the name but they hold the machine gun shoots there too
    I haven't seen one in person, but I really like the reviews that I've watched for the Bergara rifles too.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Milford, Pennsylvania
    (Pike County)
    Posts
    3,335
    Rep Power
    15543030

    Default Re: Ruger Precision Rifle

    I was down between these three. Since Iím a buy once kind of guy I picked the tikka. Iím always up for letting people fondle and shoot.
    Itís funny I have a plethora of long range bangers and never do it

Similar Threads

  1. Ruger Precision Rifle
    By mercervillerental in forum Rifles
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: June 22nd, 2017, 09:02 AM
  2. Ruger Precision Rifle
    By DaveM55 in forum Rifles
    Replies: 22
    Last Post: May 30th, 2017, 11:00 PM
  3. Ruger precision rifle sight in
    By 556 in forum Rifles
    Replies: 20
    Last Post: January 10th, 2017, 09:11 AM
  4. I need this Ruger Precision Rifle in 6.5
    By Corey G in forum Rifles
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: May 24th, 2016, 05:12 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Local gun shops | Local shooting ranges | Philadelphia Shooting Ranges | Philadelphia Gun Shops | Pittsburgh Shooting Ranges | Pittsburgh Gun Shops