Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    (Berks County)

Default Found a numbers matching 1943 ex sniper non counter bored Mosin. Serial #22. Worth?

Admiring the typically overpriced guns at cabelas and stumbled onto this. All numbers matching. Non counter bore. No refurb markings. 1943 ex-sniper. Serial number 22. Put on layaway. Is it worth at least $349?

image uploading site
    Emergency Medicine prevents natural selection

Default Re: Found a numbers matching 1943 ex sniper non counter bored Mosin. Serial #22. Wort

To me no but I have 3 of those including two legit PU rifles. The ex snipers I paid between $99 and $150 no all the long ago.

As far as what Cabellas charges for a standard 91/30 in okay shape that would be the one to pick vs the standard $350.00 91/30’s no one is buying there.

If you look at the classifieds on local sites including this one it’s pretty impossible to get $200.00 for a 91/20 in good shape including Hex receivers. Molested rifles being even less.

I see the plugs but I didn’t see the lines out of the original sniper serial numbers on the receiver, make sure it’s there.
    Last edited by Hodgie; September 11th, 2018 at 07:37 PM.

(Delaware County)

Default Re: Found a numbers matching 1943 ex sniper non counter bored Mosin. Serial #22. Wort

How's the trigger action?

(Berks County)

I didn’t notice any line out. Already own about a dozen 91/30s that I did pay about $99 each for a few years ago. Is the low serial number, bore, brass end caps, and matching number worth at least $351? I would think so. But not sure.

(Berks County)

Quote Originally Posted by Sgt.K View Post
    How's the trigger action?
    New cabelas policy. They will not remove the trigger guard under any condition......

Quote Originally Posted by Zet70 View Post
    I didn’t notice any line out. Already own about a dozen 91/30s that I did pay about $99 each for a few years ago. Is the low serial number, bore, brass end caps, and matching number worth at least $351? I would think so. But not sure.
    I have never seen an ex sniper without a double set of serial numbers one indicating it was a sniper then 2nd added when it was taken out of rotation. Maybe they exist but I know a lot of importers decided to make a lot of faked things as well over the years including snipers. As far as the other things it's nice but none of it add's up to that price for me especially when there are 10's of millions of them floating around.

Remember at the end of the day it's just a a Mosin Nagant

(York County)

Its just a refurb that is an ex sniper. The ex sniper adds a small premium and will put in in a more desirable pile compared to the other refurbs.

I wouldn't spent that kind of money on a refurb. at $200 it would have to be a great rifle, $350, no way.

I just recently picked up 2 Finn captured M91s for that money. Add another $100 and you can get one of the best shooting mosins, an M39.

(Berks County)

I hear what you’re saying guys. Just wasn’t sure if all that combined with the serial number justified the price. They’ll let me put my deposit on another gun of my choosing. Guess it’s the two tone usp compact then lol.

Good looking out everyone!

(Clearfield County)

I don't know, its the only 2 digit serial number that I've ever seen. I wouldn't pay $350 for it, but you aren't likely to find another, and it probably won't be too long until that is market value.

I guess what it comes down is what’s it worth to you. If your buying it to fill a hole in your collection or your heart then it might be worth the extra coin, if your buying it for investment then you better hold onto it for a real long time.

That being said it’s a good looking example in a nice stock.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast