Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Default Re: Found a numbers matching 1943 ex sniper non counter bored Mosin. Serial #22. Wort

Quote Originally Posted by raxar View Post
    I don't know, its the only 2 digit serial number that I've ever seen. I wouldn't pay $350 for it, but you aren't likely to find another, and it probably won't be too long until that is market value.
    2 digit serial on a rifle that was in production for 52 years already. I’m not sure if that really means anything at all.

(Delaware County)

Default Re: Found a numbers matching 1943 ex sniper non counter bored Mosin. Serial #22. Wort

Quote Originally Posted by Zet70 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Sgt.K View Post
    How's the trigger action?
    New cabelas policy. They will not remove the trigger guard under any condition......
    Yeah, I forgot my sarcasm font. I took part in another thread about that and was being a wise @$$...

(Susquehanna County)

It has the filled holes in the receiver.. But I do not see the Tula (S) and (R) markings where the furniture comes up to the receiver.

Is there any Scope SN markings ground or marked out?

Round receiver Tula with 2 digit (#22) SN ?????? I have Hex receiver Tula and it is already 4 digits

My guess is the #22 was either added during re-arsenal or by the importer either way something does not add up

Cabelas firearms inspectors are very good at what they do. If it were indeed an ex-sniper with proper markings they would be asking more than that for it.. JMHO
    Last edited by Parrisk; September 12th, 2018 at 03:05 PM.
    Retired US Army
    NRA Life Member, GOA, USCCA
    "Artificial intelligence is no match for Natural Stupidity"

Quote Originally Posted by Parrisk View Post
    Round receiver Tula with 2 digit (#22) SN ?????? I have Hex receiver Tula and it is already 4 digits

PU I doubt because it has a straight Bolt handle.. I thought all Sniper Mosins, retired or not, had bent bolt handles due to scope

My guess is the #22 was either added during re-arsenal or by the importer either way something does not add up
    All demilled PU snipers that were rearsenaled and returned to standard configuration went back to a strait bolt configuration so not having a bent bolt does not mean anything. The serial number being 22 on a round receiver also does not mean much of anything since the Russians really didn't care much about records or series numbers. There were over 35 million of these rifles made serial numbers are going to start over many times over. On the left side of the receiver above the stock like would be another longer serial number which will be different from the serial bumber on the top of the receiver which would be it's acceptance serial number as a PU sniper when it was pulled from the line. When the rifle get's removed from sniper duty and rearsenaled they line or x that out.

It's more likely that the importer may have tried to make a repro sniper of it vs trying to fake a low serial number on a 1940's round receiver.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12