Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Default Re: Another Layer For School Security

They make one for sliding patio doors too.

https://www.amazon.com/Nightlock-Sec...ustomerReviews
    Galations 6:9...And let us not grow weary of doing good, for in due season we will reap, if we do not give up.
    Ashli Babbitt - Patriot

These are the ones I used in my previous home.

They can be found on EBay new for as low as $20.00 per set.

https://www.amazon.com/Club-Model-20.../dp/B00007E7LN

(Susquehanna County)

Quote Originally Posted by alpacaheat View Post
    They make one for sliding patio doors too.

https://www.amazon.com/Nightlock-Sec...ustomerReviews
    Sliding doors.. an old, or new, broom stick cut to the length of the door to wall and dropped into the track.. done deal.. one can even put a small eye screw into the broom stick with a piece of twine from the stick up to the bumper on the wall side.. this way one does not have to bend over and spill ones beer to remove the broom stick from the slider track.
    http://lifeshouldcostless.com/wp-con...w-683x1024.jpg
    Retired US Army
    NRA Life Member, GOA, USCCA
    "Artificial intelligence is no match for Natural Stupidity"

(Chester County)

Quote Originally Posted by Hodgie View Post
    No not when it comes to simple solutions that make a real difference unlike throwing canned food at someone’s head. I guarantee if they involved the community in it you would see a lot of donations of both money and skilled time. Then for many schools across PA there’s those dirty secret surplus funds they don’t like admitting they have which I just found out my kids school system has and it contains $50 million in it yes they were contemplating a tax hike for the $1.2 million they just spent on cleaning up black mold in several of the buildings.

I’m tired of excuses especially when it comes to children and money because it’s bullshit in most cases and if needed it can be easily raised, but in the end no one wants any real solution or changes we just want it to go away so let’s do it by stripping some rights and making it into a political movement.
    I'm used to digging - but is there something easier - like (made-up) "SecretSchoolFunds.org". Just imagining that something like this would already be somewhere on the Internet.

Such info would also give taxpayers a real "bite back" when it came to raising RE taxes for the good of the school systems...
    - bamboomaster

Quote Originally Posted by bamboomaster View Post
    I'm used to digging - but is there something easier - like (made-up) "SecretSchoolFunds.org". Just imagining that something like this would already be somewhere on the Internet.

Such info would also give taxpayers a real "bite back" when it came to raising RE taxes for the good of the school systems...
    I don't know where this information can be found, we found out at a local school meeting regarding the delayed opening due to black mold and the clean up process. One of the heads of the PTA stood up and divulged that information when the principal stated insurance was only going to cover $500K out of the $1.2 million in damage in the two schools and all options to make that money back were on the table including tax hikes. He didn't say much back other then all options were being explored so I assume he was referring to taking the most eyes from there which they better.

While I am sure it will never be posted online it's most likely public information but how many people really care to get involved in the going on's in the local school districts especially if you don't have any children attending.

(Berks County)

We retrofitted our schools with these devices.

Didn’t cost much. Custodial and maintenance staff did most of the installation work. It took a while to fit it in with other duties, but it got done.

Regarding surpluses and school slush funds- most need to have some o&m money available since the state budget fights can delay funding; HOWEVER; if your school board believes they should have a tax hike whether or not they need the money because “once you take a pass on the revenue hike you can never get it back” - then you need to start going to the damn meetings to make a difference.

We may not all have children in school, but we all pay taxes.

Our board is well run with most of the members children long out of school. We have well maintained grounds and well paid, happy teachers and staff. The kids really benefit from the positive atmosphere.

It can be done if your board is disciplined and smart.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12