Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    (Bucks County)

Default Re: Ruger Made It Right!

Yet another update. GP100 has returned and truly looks beautiful. Send wrapped in a Ruger silicone cloth and another new in the box with it. Anxious to see how it holds up...but sure looks great now.

Included is a copy of a target use for test firing, and some paperwork that states it had a loose ejector, they fitted a new cylinder, trigger and pawl. Proofed cylinder. Replaced grips as they found a mall crack. Polish and refinished.

I'm thankful for the detail and taking care of things that I didn't realize were a problem.
    Last edited by MattMPA; October 19th, 2018 at 01:07 PM.

Makes you wonder how it made it out the door to begin with. I’m glad they made it right and hope this is your last dealing with their warranty dpt.

I just picked up the 10MM version of the Lipsey's GP100. The bluing on it looks great. Shoots nice. Took off the walnut grips. They were not fitted to the frame properly and I didn't really like the way they felt. The 5" barrel makes the GP100 seem a bit front heavy with the walnut grips. Maybe it's because they're relatively smooth and the gun has a tendency to move around when using them. I replaced the grips with the same fingerless Hogue grips that Ruger ships with the .44 SPCL version of the standard GP100. Night and day difference. Would be nice if Hogue offered them in something other than black, but it is what it is.

I opted for the Lipsey's version over the 10MM Match Champion or the Wiley Clapp version because it reminded me of the Security Six. Very classy, IMNSHO.

(Bucks County)

Quote Originally Posted by Ronin View Post
    I just picked up the 10MM version of the Lipsey's GP100. The bluing on it looks great. Shoots nice. Took off the walnut grips. They were not fitted to the frame properly and I didn't really like the way they felt. The 5" barrel makes the GP100 seem a bit front heavy with the walnut grips. Maybe it's because they're relatively smooth and the gun has a tendency to move around when using them. I replaced the grips with the same fingerless Hogue grips that Ruger ships with the .44 SPCL version of the standard GP100. Night and day difference. Would be nice if Hogue offered them in something other than black, but it is what it is.

I opted for the Lipsey's version over the 10MM Match Champion or the Wiley Clapp version because it reminded me of the Security Six. Very classy, IMNSHO.
    I agree...very classy looking piece!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123