Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    (Montgomery County)

Default Re: Nov 1-2, 2018: Larry Vickers Home Defense, Deptford, NJ.

Are you aware that both active and retired LEOs are being harassed, charged, and hauled into court for carrying guns in NJ both on duty and off?
    There are lots of active and retired LEOs in the PAFOA, and most of them will not set foot in NJ due to the dangerous anti gun governance there.
    How can you have any cookies if you don't drink your milk?

(Lackawanna County)

Default Re: Nov 1-2, 2018: Larry Vickers Home Defense, Deptford, NJ - OPEN 2 ALL - PREVIEW w

What do you need for a suitable range?

Default Re: Nov 1-2, 2018: Larry Vickers Home Defense, Deptford, NJ - OPEN 2 ALL - PREVIEW w

Quote Originally Posted by NathanB View Post
    What do you need for a suitable range?
    Pistol: Minimum 25 yards long, at least 50 yards wide to accommodate 18-20 shooters (max).

Carbine: Ideally 100 yards long, at least 50 yards wide to accommodate 18-20 shooters (max).

If you have no range gear, I can bring everything with me (target stands, targets, steel, etc).

Quote Originally Posted by Berncly View Post
    Are you aware that both active and retired LEOs are being harassed, charged, and hauled into court for carrying guns in NJ both on duty and off?
    There are lots of active and retired LEOs in the PAFOA, and most of them will not set foot in NJ due to the dangerous anti gun governance there.
    Yeeeup. I live in CT and work in NYC. Travel to NJ all the time. Moving my a$$ to PA at some point.

If you support training in NJ, you are supporting your fellow gun owners behind enemy lines. I would gather most of the LEO's training in open enrollment classes are pro-gun too. That's been my experience. I've hosted just about all the major trainers in my AO with plenty of LEO's from all around the region. They are supportive of civilian training.

At least NJ ain't as bad as NY/NYC - instructors can't host any training there because it's a felony for anyone to simply touch a handgun without a valid NY/NYS permit.

(Montgomery County)

Quote Originally Posted by 30 cal slut View Post
    Yeeeup. I live in CT and work in NYC. Travel to NJ all the time. Moving my a$$ to PA at some point.

If you support training in NJ, you are supporting your fellow gun owners behind enemy lines. I would gather most of the LEO's training in open enrollment classes are pro-gun too. That's been my experience. I've hosted just about all the major trainers in my AO with plenty of LEO's from all around the region. They are supportive of civilian training.

At least NJ ain't as bad as NY/NYC - instructors can't host any training there because it's a felony for anyone to simply touch a handgun without a valid NY/NYS permit.
    Most of the guys here will not disarm so they can travel into NJ to train with a gun they do not own and will not use if ever in need.

I don't have anything against your gig, I just have an issue with your venue and your lack of informed warning regarding NJ.
    Were I an uninformed gun owner I could see myself traveling to your range with my AR and Glock only to be arrested during a routine traffic stop.

Your verbiage about loaner guns does not let the newb attendee understand the danger and legal jeopardy they may encounter when bringing their guns into NJ.
    They will just see an experienced instructor doing a legitimate training gig and just assume they can bring the guns required for the class.

And they would be wrong.

Incidentally, there is a new range with a shoot house in South Eastern PA.

Personally it’s up to all gun owners to know the laws where your going, by now we should all know this. I definitely don’t hold any of this against LAV since he most likely was invited there.

I wish I could afford to attend the class it sounds great and I’ve wanted to train with Larry for some time now.

This is one of those “it is what it is” things for us but it’s a positive for NJ civilian gun owners which there is a lot of.

Good luck and I hope it does make it to this area of PA some day.

(Montgomery County)

Quote Originally Posted by Hodgie View Post
    Personally it’s up to all gun owners to know the laws where your going, by now we should all know this. I definitely don’t hold any of this against LAV since he most likely was invited there.

I wish I could afford to attend the class it sounds great and I’ve wanted to train with Larry for some time now.

This is one of those “it is what it is” things for us but it’s a positive for NJ civilian gun owners which there is a lot of.

Good luck and I hope it does make it to this area of PA some day.
    There is an endless conga line of uninformed, under-informed, and misinformed gun owners that find their way in here looking for advice.
    Those are the guys that will just head up there without knowing the risk or even knowing that they need to check the laws.
    All I'm suggesting is that he add a prominent and detailed warning about the laws and legal risks involved with taking a gun into NJ.
    Then it would be fine.

(Montgomery County)

I have never been there, but here is the new range with the shoot house in SE PA:

https://www.guardiantrainingcenter.com/
    1528 Campus Drive
    Warminster, PA 18974
    (267) 387-6357
    GuardianTrainingCenter@gmail.com

Most of the guys here will not disarm so they can travel into NJ to train with a gun they do not own and will not use if ever in need.

I don't have anything against your gig, I just have an issue with your venue and your lack of informed warning regarding NJ.
    Were I an uninformed gun owner I could see myself traveling to your range with my AR and Glock only to be arrested during a routine traffic stop.

Your verbiage about loaner guns does not let the newb attendee understand the danger and legal jeopardy they may encounter when bringing their guns into NJ.
    They will just see an experienced instructor doing a legitimate training gig and just assume they can bring the guns required for the class.

And they would be wrong.

Incidentally, there is a new range with a shoot house in South Eastern PA.
    No worries. It's not my gig - I thought this would make sense for some of the guys in the Philly area willing to go behind enemy lines.

I have never been there, but here is the new range with the shoot house in SE PA:

https://www.guardiantrainingcenter.com/
    1528 Campus Drive
    Warminster, PA 18974
    (267) 387-6357
    GuardianTrainingCenter@gmail.com
    This is why I love PAFOA. Thanks man!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast