Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    (York County)

Default Re: CC in restaurant or bar

Quote Originally Posted by Sgt.K View Post
    The PO near my last office was in a strip mall. Even the sidewalk directly outside their door is mall property, though they don't have any outside boxes. I just don't cross their threshold.

Interestingly, I had to drop a pre-posted package one day on my way home from work. The mail carrier was loading his truck at the edge of the lot about 50 feet in front of the door. Since I saw him as I pulled in, I didn't bother disarming. Got out, package in hand, and walked right up to him to hand it over. Easy peasy.

IANAL
    I myself am a letter-of-the-law guy: I park on the street and leave the gun secured in the car when visiting the local PO. PITA, but that's the way it is.

Having said that, I OC at my shop and 'heard through the grapevine' that it makes our postal carrier nervous. Too bad, so sad. I'll obey the rules at your house; but my house, my rules.
    DGAF

(Susquehanna County)

Quote Originally Posted by KCJones View Post
    Having said that, I OC at my shop and 'heard through the grapevine' that it makes our postal carrier nervous. Too bad, so sad. I'll obey the rules at your house; but my house, my rules.
    Good!
    Retired US Army
    NRA Life Member, GOA, USCCA
    "Artificial intelligence is no match for Natural Stupidity"

Quote Originally Posted by bill gray View Post
    A Fed Court (Supreme?) recently emphasized that having a firearm "in" a Post Office includes the parking lot. The reason given is the presence of mail collection boxes outside. This expands the area where the function of the PO is conducted to outside the building.
    My PO is in a strip mall, not standalone Federal property, so they cannot restrict against the property owner's policy. My Driver's License center is the same...and it's a notary (private business), not a State DMV.
    Galations 6:9...And let us not grow weary of doing good, for in due season we will reap, if we do not give up.
    Ashli Babbitt - Patriot

(Jefferson County)

Quote Originally Posted by alpacaheat View Post
    My PO is in a strip mall, not standalone Federal property, so they cannot restrict against the property owner's policy. My Driver's License center is the same...and it's a notary (private business), not a State DMV.
    If the USPS lease dedicates certain parking spots for the post office, those parking places and direct ingress/egress route to the post office can be restricted.

Leased real estate falls under the same rules as if the US Government owned the property outright.
    RIP: SFN, 1861, twoeggsup, Lambo, jamesjo, JayBell, 32 Magnum, Pro2A, mrwildroot, dregan, Frenchy, Fragger, ungawa, Mtn Jack, Grapeshot, R.W.J., PennsyPlinker, Statkowski, Deanimator, roland, aubie515

Don't end up in my signature!

(Adams County)

Quote Originally Posted by knight0334 View Post
    If the USPS lease dedicates certain parking spots for the post office, those parking places and direct ingress/egress route to the post office can be restricted.

Leased real estate falls under the same rules as if the US Government owned the property outright.
    Without a diagram like above or a copy of the lease how are you supposed to know where the leased spaces are?

(Indiana County)

The strip mall post office itself is a firearms-prohibited area. The leased dedicated parking area may be, if it's clearly marked as such in an otherwise open-to-the-public parking lot (and I don't think a "Post Office Customers Only" sign on the parking spot would hold up in court). The ingress/egress area, however, is open to one and all since that portion of the strip mall is available to one and all.

(Jefferson County)

Quote Originally Posted by punxsutawneypete View Post
    Without a diagram like above or a copy of the lease how are you supposed to know where the leased spaces are?
    Inquire with the Post Office or property management.

Dont bring up guns when you do.
    RIP: SFN, 1861, twoeggsup, Lambo, jamesjo, JayBell, 32 Magnum, Pro2A, mrwildroot, dregan, Frenchy, Fragger, ungawa, Mtn Jack, Grapeshot, R.W.J., PennsyPlinker, Statkowski, Deanimator, roland, aubie515

Don't end up in my signature!

(Bucks County)

Wife and I were driving home from vacation and, on a whim, we decided to take the Harley Davidson tour. I ha$ dropped my piece under the seat as I figured it was prohibited. Had to go back to car to get a water bottle. I was a bit worried about unsecured weapon in car. Hadn’t seen signage so I reholstered the gun. After the tour, on the way to vehicle I told wife I had gotten the gun out of car and was carrying it.
    She told me she saw signs on each entry door. Honestly, I looked and did not see them.
    Do I feel guilty? Hell no!

Does your postal worker get nervous when they deliver your "Guns and Ammo" magazine?

Quote Originally Posted by punxsutawneypete View Post
    Park in front of the pizza shop.
    Galations 6:9...And let us not grow weary of doing good, for in due season we will reap, if we do not give up.
    Ashli Babbitt - Patriot

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast