Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678
    (Westmoreland County)

Default Re: OAKS Big 3 day show OCT 5, 6, 7, 2018

Many of the empty tables were the result of a few the vendors who had booked canceling at the last minute due to illness or other issues.

The crowd was down from it's typical volume for the October show. From the feedback I got from various other vendors some did very well and others not so well. Even in the same classes of merchandise. Mrs. SG and I did very well as did a number of other firearms dealers. Some however did not. There were firearms dealers selling the very same sort of items we had that did not do well at all. The buying trends for this show were difficult to pinpoint. We sold a very varied mix of firearms, from the inexpensive surplus to the high-end collectable. Other vendors indicated the same sort of mixed sales in all types of items. Hard to figure.

That being said; a BIG thank you to all who stopped by and to those who purchased from us.

(Montgomery County)

Quote Originally Posted by Krichardson View Post
    I wanted to take a photo of the one guy who looked like he found everything he was after.He was wearing backpack which appeared to be stuffed to the point of stressing the the stitching and he was pulling a wagon or cart behind him which was loaded down with a few rifle boxes as well as cases of ammo.
    I did notice a lot more people walking around with backpacks and not any backpacks. They looked like they stepped out of the Desert Storm.

Quote Originally Posted by ForeverPA View Post
    I did notice a lot more people walking around with backpacks and not any backpacks. They looked like they stepped out of the Desert Storm.
    Yes and they are annoying when in a packed crowd. They turn and hit people with those way oversized pack.
    Aggies Coach Really ??? Take off the tin foil bro.

(Delaware County)

Quote Originally Posted by ScotsGuards View Post
    Many of the empty tables were the result of a few the vendors who had booked canceling at the last minute due to illness or other issues.

The crowd was down from it's typical volume for the October show. From the feedback I got from various other vendors some did very well and others not so well. Even in the same classes of merchandise. Mrs. SG and I did very well as did a number of other firearms dealers. Some however did not. There were firearms dealers selling the very same sort of items we had that did not do well at all. The buying trends for this show were difficult to pinpoint. We sold a very varied mix of firearms, from the inexpensive surplus to the high-end collectable. Other vendors indicated the same sort of mixed sales in all types of items. Hard to figure.

That being said; a BIG thank you to all who stopped by and to those who purchased from us.
    SG, I did circle around the show a few times and it seemed as you described. I had to elbow my way into to some tables and other not so much.

FYI, I posted the 39-2 i picked up here and on another forum(you know the one). It has gotten nothing but great reviews.

Best Regards,

Kobsw

(Bucks County)

I wanted to take a photo of the one guy who looked like he found everything he was after.He was wearing backpack which appeared to be stuffed to the point of stressing the the stitching and he was pulling a wagon or cart behind him which was loaded down with a few rifle boxes as well as cases of ammo.
    Did you notice if he was being tailed?

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678