Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast
    (Delaware County)

Default Re: OAKS Big 3 day show OCT 5, 6, 7, 2018

Quote Originally Posted by jthelman View Post
    Is New Holland for real? It better be the best gun club on earth for that kind of time and money.

$375 to be a new member.
    Attend at least one event to *APPLY*
    New members will be considered probationary until they complete the required 2x work days and 4x meetings in their first two years.

If I pay $375, that's what I put into it. It'd be different for a $50 fee. If I go bowl, I rent the lane; I don't have to work the registers for a couple hours and pay as well.

I guess if they can get it, good for them.
    The club is only as good as the members that help run it, maintain it, run the matches...its why the club is so desirable...membership is capped too. Rarely do you find a crowd on a weekend, much less on weekdays. Its a great place to shoot and meet some good people.

(Montgomery County)

Quote Originally Posted by gghbi View Post
    With the decrease in pure gun vendors this should be a ten dollar or less show. I thought about going, but decided twelve bucks was more than I wanted to spend since I don't really need anything. What do you guys think, was the price of entry a deterrent for you?

With gas, tolls, entry, and a drink I was looking at fifty bucks for me and the wife. Plus whatever I spend on vendors. (I know where Holsingers live, I have stopped by their store several times when in that area)
    The price of entry, on top of the prices themselves and the deceptive claims by some of the vendors made me less than happy. 10¢ a round for CCI .22LR? Really? And at least three large large, large clusters of tables selling cheap felony tool knives, throwing stars, extensible batons, and stun guns to a bunch of shady looking mugs. Too little quality vendors mixed in with a bunch of schlock. Get rid of the remoras selling diabetic socks and bathroom remodeling and you could have fit it into a single hall. Oh, wait, maybe that's what's driving this, the need to produce a roving flea market rather than a gun show. Riiiiiiight.

(Philadelphia County)

Haha,speaking of knives,I wanted to check out one nice looking stilleto,asked the salesman who was seated about two feet from the display case.The guy looked at me and made some kind of grunting sound but he did not move.I'm not sure if he heard or understood me but I simply walked away.There was an item I wanted to see on another table but that salesman was too busy playing with his cell phone to notice us standing there.
    Last edited by Krichardson; October 8th, 2018 at 12:24 AM.
    There are no pacts between lions and men.

(Berks County)

Quote Originally Posted by gghbi View Post
    With the decrease in pure gun vendors this should be a ten dollar or less show. I thought about going, but decided twelve bucks was more than I wanted to spend since I don't really need anything. What do you guys think, was the price of entry a deterrent for you?

With gas, tolls, entry, and a drink I was looking at fifty bucks for me and the wife. Plus whatever I spend on vendors. (I know where Holsingers live, I have stopped by their store several times when in that area)
    You could split the baby and get the big $1.00 coupon off of their website, then it’s only an $11.00 show.
    Gender confusion is a mental illness

(Philadelphia County)

They have the dollar off coupon in the newspaper here too.
    There are no pacts between lions and men.

(Delaware County)

Quote Originally Posted by jthelman View Post
    Is New Holland for real? It better be the best gun club on earth for that kind of time and money.

$375 to be a new member.
    Attend at least one event to *APPLY*
    New members will be considered probationary until they complete the required 2x work days and 4x meetings in their first two years.

If I pay $375, that's what I put into it. It'd be different for a $50 fee. If I go bowl, I rent the lane; I don't have to work the registers for a couple hours and pay as well.

I guess if they can get it, good for them.
    I only visited New Holland for a class once, but from what I saw, it seemed pretty cool. To be able to use a bay with berms on three sides for just about anything is something you don't really get anywhere else in the area. There is another bay for pistols with steel targets that made me feel jealous.

If it weren't nearly an hour drive, without traffic or construction, and I wasn't already maintaining 2 other range memberships, I would probably make moves to join up.
    Removed NRA Life Member pic. LaPierre and Chris Cox are ruining NRA.

(Delaware County)

Quote Originally Posted by Suburban View Post
    I only visited New Holland for a class once, but from what I saw, it seemed pretty cool. To be able to use a bay with berms on three sides for just about anything is something you don't really get anywhere else in the area. There is another bay for pistols with steel targets that made me feel jealous.

If it weren't nearly an hour drive, without traffic or construction, and I wasn't already maintaining 2 other range memberships, I would probably make moves to join up.
    I am in the Wayne area...about an hour drive. Take the back way thru Amish country and the drive is nice.

We have some additional improvements to the range which will take place, I believe, this winter...adding more pistol pits...possibly more steel.

Its the only range I am a member. Hard to look at anything else when you have this...

(Bucks County)

A lot more AR parts vendors. I think I'm going to stop going to every show. I'm up for everyone finding something for themselves, but it's a gunshow. I have an issue with crap knives, jewelry, and bedding. Did anyone buy sheets and comforters for themselves.

(Bucks County)

Quote Originally Posted by chutestrate View Post
    A lot more AR parts vendors. I think I'm going to stop going to every show. I'm up for everyone finding something for themselves, but it's a gunshow. I have an issue with crap knives, jewelry, and bedding. Did anyone buy sheets and comforters for themselves.
    You'd be surprised about the pillows/bedding, man. There's few things more demoralizing as a vendor than having a tough day and seeing the amount of attendees that buy that stuff.

(Chester County)

Quote Originally Posted by RenoV8 View Post
    The club is only as good as the members that help run it, maintain it, run the matches...its why the club is so desirable...membership is capped too. Rarely do you find a crowd on a weekend, much less on weekdays. Its a great place to shoot and meet some good people.
    All true ^^^^^^^^^^^^.
    - bamboomaster

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast