Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 345678 LastLast
    (Philadelphia County)

Default Re: OAKS Big 3 day show OCT 5, 6, 7, 2018

Quote Originally Posted by chutestrate View Post
    A lot more AR parts vendors. I think I'm going to stop going to every show. I'm up for everyone finding something for themselves, but it's a gunshow. I have an issue with crap knives, jewelry, and bedding. Did anyone buy sheets and comforters for themselves.
    When the gun show morphs into a home show.
    There are no pacts between lions and men.

(Chester County)

I went on Saturday. Picked up a Spanish Model 1895 carbine for $250. I had not seen one of those since about 2016 at the Timmonium antique arms show with a much higher price and terrible attitude of the seller as well. I walked away from that one. I almost wonder if this was the same carbine - the seller said he got it as part of a collection.

The third Hall in this show was mostly non-gun stuff, so it looks like Eagle Arms is making an effort to segregate some of that stuff - good!

(Bucks County)

When I was walking the halls, I have to confess that I felt like I could find most of what I saw at the show online for equal or less money. Consider that I had to pay $12 to get in, and there's my shipping cost on most items.

That said, it was still nice to be able to see some of these products in person before you buy.

(Montgomery County)

Quote Originally Posted by Suburban View Post
    I only visited New Holland for a class once, but from what I saw, it seemed pretty cool. To be able to use a bay with berms on three sides for just about anything is something you don't really get anywhere else in the area. There is another bay for pistols with steel targets that made me feel jealous.

If it weren't nearly an hour drive, without traffic or construction, and I wasn't already maintaining 2 other range memberships, I would probably make moves to join up.
    Do they allow "fun shoots", anything but boring paper targets? Not at LPRGC. I understand you can't open it up to everything but why not coke cans, plastic bottles, jugs, anything that moves. I have pretty much stopped going because I am tired of shooting at paper.

(Montgomery County)

Quote Originally Posted by chutestrate View Post
    A lot more AR parts vendors. I think I'm going to stop going to every show. I'm up for everyone finding something for themselves, but it's a gunshow. I have an issue with crap knives, jewelry, and bedding. Did anyone buy sheets and comforters for themselves.
    I never understood this. How does one buying socks keep you from buying guns and ammo? God knows there were more tables with black guns than you could ever want in a life time. There was ammo stacked to the rafters to go with it. Then there are those who say I could have bought them online. Gun shows are not about just buying. They are about picking up thigns and feeling them in your very hands.

(Bucks County)

Quote Originally Posted by ForeverPA View Post
    Do they allow "fun shoots", anything but boring paper targets? Not at LPRGC. I understand you can't open it up to everything but why not coke cans, plastic bottles, jugs, anything that moves. I have pretty much stopped going because I am tired of shooting at paper.
    I think both clubs have steel shoots. (I'm sure someone will correct me if I'm wrong.)

Wicen's will allow you to put clay pigeons on berm to shoot at.

Clayton's Indoor Range has a "steel" shoot every Wednesday night. It's not actual steel, though. It's some kind of a polymer foam/rubber disk.

(Bucks County)

I went on Friday. Wandered around, got a few cleaning supplies and was out. While some vendors had yet to arrive, there was a still a good number of filled tables. I go to the Oaks show about once or twice and year and while I enjoy looking around and seeing new things....I never seem to find that item "I have to have".

I was on my own, but by the time I make the hour drive, gas, tolls, admission...well..let's just say it's starting to lose it's luster.

(Philadelphia County)

I wanted to take a photo of the one guy who looked like he found everything he was after.He was wearing backpack which appeared to be stuffed to the point of stressing the the stitching and he was pulling a wagon or cart behind him which was loaded down with a few rifle boxes as well as cases of ammo.
    There are no pacts between lions and men.

Quote Originally Posted by ForeverPA View Post
    Then there are those who say I could have bought them online. Gun shows are not about just buying. They are about picking up thigns and feeling them in your very hands.

I also like to see what I am getting, not just a picture. Maybe this costs me a few bucks more , however peace of mind is well worth it. Also not having to worry about a package being stolen from the house is major. While it has never happened in my neighborhood, it still happens.
    Aggies Coach Really ??? Take off the tin foil bro.

I try to attend this show at least twice a year. Have been doing so for a few years now. This past show appeared to be the least attended I have seen. Lots of open tables too. Was there Sunday from 10:00am to 2:00pm. Tried to score a Henry All Weather in .357 and couldn't do the deal. The Dealer would not even budge beyond his sticker price, even for cash. No problem, I understand people need to make money. The overall gun selection was ok. Lots of non firearms related stuff. What is nice about this show is that you can walk a couple of miles getting your exercise for the day!
    My GGG Grandpappy,front row (20th NC, Co. F.) and Family Circa 1900.

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 345678 LastLast