Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
    (Montgomery County)

Default Re: OAKS Big 3 day show OCT 5, 6, 7, 2018

Vendors were not too happy. Slower than they expected. I can't imagine someone making a living on this gun show curcuit. Yes, there are a lot of people but nobody is buying. Ammo vendors, and not all, were the only ones you could call busy.

Quote Originally Posted by ForeverPA View Post
    Vendors were not too happy. Slower than they expected. I can't imagine someone making a living on this gun show curcuit. Yes, there are a lot of people but nobody is buying. Ammo vendors, and not all, were the only ones you could call busy.
    Too many vendors selling the same stuff. I walk thru at least once before I buy and compare prices for things I'm looking for. Especially new things like ammo , powder , primers , mags. I saw brand new Mec-Gar P-08 mags for $40 , but found mine at $29.

If they don't have a price marked , it means they don't want to sell.
    I don't speak English , I talk American!

(Delaware County)

Was there on Friday. Back in June I broke my ankle so this is the first time since then that I've gone to a gun show. Was walking around with boot and one crutch.
    Regarding Holtsingers, their cheesy baloney may be popular, but my favorites from them are their summer sausage and horseradish cheese. Also got a round colby jack (my wife's favorite) so I was forgiven for buying a couple of other things at the show.
    Know your audience. Don't try to sell a Prius at a Monster Truck Rally.

(Delaware County)

Quote Originally Posted by bamboomaster View Post
    Well, there's a waiting list here too, but you've got distance: http://www.nhrpc.org/.

There are some "work" days involved, but it may be worth your effort...

FWIW, you only get out of something what you put into it. Just my thought...
    NHRPC has a 700yd range. Waitlist is now open, limited to first 300. There is a three visit rule which needs to be satisfied by the time you submit your name to the list. Many types of matches offered at New Holland. Switched over to USPSA from IDPA...many seem to love this format more. Overall a great facility and the members are #1.

(Chester County)

Is New Holland for real? It better be the best gun club on earth for that kind of time and money.

$375 to be a new member.
    Attend at least one event to *APPLY*
    New members will be considered probationary until they complete the required 2x work days and 4x meetings in their first two years.

If I pay $375, that's what I put into it. It'd be different for a $50 fee. If I go bowl, I rent the lane; I don't have to work the registers for a couple hours and pay as well.

I guess if they can get it, good for them.
    Last edited by jthelman; October 7th, 2018 at 06:42 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by jthelman View Post
    Is New Holland for real? It better be the best gun club on earth for that kind of time and money.

$375 to be a new member.
    Attend at least one event to *APPLY*
    New members will be considered probationary until they complete the required 2x work days and 4x meetings in their first two years.

If I pay $375, that's what I put into it. It's be different for a $50 fee. If I go bowl, I rent the lane; I don't have to work the registers for a couple hours and pay as well.

I guess if they can get it, good for them.
    I go with a member for 5bucks.

(Bucks County)

Quote Originally Posted by ForeverPA View Post
    Am vendor and we did pretty well despite the smaller crowds than usual (especially for the October Show). In the few years I've been doing this, I don't think an October show has ever been this weak. A good number of tables went unfilled until the neighboring vendors absorbed them, and the crowds were definitely thinner than anyone expected. Can confirm that a number of vendors I spoke to weren't happy with this one.

(Philadelphia County)

I went this morning and spent about two hours walking around and deciding on what to get.I did notice the crowd was the smallest I can recall seeing there.The guy who sells the war dvds and tin signs even seemed to have a smaller set up than what I remember.
    There are no pacts between lions and men.

(Philadelphia County)

Yeah the crowds were thinner than what I've normally seen. Was hoping that the upcoming hunting seasons would bring in more folks, but it didn't happen. I managed to sell a few things, and the guys I was working with sold a few high-dollar items. But they were also disappointed. Bought a Beretta ARX-100 for a decent price and got some mags for a decent price too. Had a nice chat with a guy who picked up a decent looking '97 Winchester 12 gauge for a good price. Got a Chessie System hat from the train guy also. Aside from an encounter with a d-bag of a vendor, a decent show but not as good as I thought it was going to be.

Here's hoping December kicks ass.

(Lehigh County)

With the decrease in pure gun vendors this should be a ten dollar or less show. I thought about going, but decided twelve bucks was more than I wanted to spend since I don't really need anything. What do you guys think, was the price of entry a deterrent for you?

With gas, tolls, entry, and a drink I was looking at fifty bucks for me and the wife. Plus whatever I spend on vendors. (I know where Holsingers live, I have stopped by their store several times when in that area)
    Last edited by gghbi; October 7th, 2018 at 10:24 PM.
    Illegitimus non carborundum est

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast