Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
    (Delaware County)

Default Re: OAKS Big 3 day show OCT 5, 6, 7, 2018

Quote Originally Posted by Pag23 View Post
    Glock mags were overpriced
    They usually are at shows unless you can find someone with buckets full of used mags. CDNN or Natchez (periodic sales) for factory magazines, or Korean mags from Centerfire Systems and get Wolff springs for when the Korean springs wear out prematurely.
    Removed NRA Life Member pic. LaPierre and Chris Cox are ruining NRA.

Quote Originally Posted by Pag23 View Post
    Glock mags were overpriced

I didn't get any beef jerky as I didn't see the guy I bought some from last time....

Gotta walk the whole show and compare prices. Beware of fakes!

And Hoslsingers has the best real jerky , as well as cheesy bologna , venison and beef sticks , sausage , bacon , rib-eye steaks , hot dogs , etc.
    I don't speak English , I talk American!

(Erie County)

Quote Originally Posted by abner13 View Post

And Hoslsingers has the best real jerky , as well as cheesy bologna , venison and beef sticks , sausage , bacon , rib-eye steaks , hot dogs , etc.
    Thumbs up on their cheesy bologna.

(Erie County)

Walked all three halls. Picked up a couple of accessories at a reasonable price. Not too crowded this morning. Cheesy bologna!

(Bucks County)

I just got back from the show. It was fun.

I bought some jerky and cheese from Wild Fine Meats and Cheese (first hall). I guess I can now say I've had alligator and elk meat. The lady at the booth was nice, but she kept getting distracted by Facebook alerts on her phone. She admitted that she needs to stop looking at her phone, because she knows how rude/annoying it is. I guess we need a 12 step program for quitting social media I'm glad PAFOA doesn't have an app.

I also picked up some stainless 1911 mags from Joe's 1911 Magmania (he was in the second/middle hall) for $15 each. They're basically Kimber mags, made by checkmate. I've heard a lot of negative opinions about Kimber mags, but the ones I have seem to work just fine. Hopefully, these will work out as well as my others.

I chatted a little with the guys at the Lower Providence Rod and Gun club booth. They're accepting memberships, and I'm tempted to apply. I need to find a club that has some kind of action pistol shooting/defensive pistol program. I think LPRG also has IDPA competitions, which I want to start participating in. I only wish they had a longer rifle range. I think they're limited to 100 yards.

All in all, I think it was worth going. I may go back tomorrow to have a custom holster made for my CZ 75 B SA. Finding a descent IWB holster for that gun has been an real PITA.

(Wayne County)

Quote Originally Posted by abner13 View Post

Bunch of traitors here... LOL!
    Small hand made batches of beef jerky...Mountain Meats and More on Face Book

(Bucks County)

Quote Originally Posted by Suburban View Post
    They usually are at shows unless you can find someone with buckets full of used mags. CDNN or Natchez (periodic sales) for factory magazines, or Korean mags from Centerfire Systems and get Wolff springs for when the Korean springs wear out prematurely.
    Everybody pretty much had Glock mags at 25 to 26 bucks...Except for the 33 round mags..

(Chester County)

Quote Originally Posted by PewPewPtwang View Post
    I just got back from the show. It was fun.

I bought some jerky and cheese from Wild Fine Meats and Cheese (first hall). I guess I can now say I've had alligator and elk meat. The lady at the booth was nice, but she kept getting distracted by Facebook alerts on her phone. She admitted that she needs to stop looking at her phone, because she knows how rude/annoying it is. I guess we need a 12 step program for quitting social media I'm glad PAFOA doesn't have an app.

I also picked up some stainless 1911 mags from Joe's 1911 Magmania (he was in the second/middle hall) for $15 each. They're basically Kimber mags, made by checkmate. I've heard a lot of negative opinions about Kimber mags, but the ones I have seem to work just fine. Hopefully, these will work out as well as my others.

I chatted a little with the guys at the Lower Providence Rod and Gun club booth. They're accepting memberships, and I'm tempted to apply. I need to find a club that has some kind of action pistol shooting/defensive pistol program. I think LPRG also has IDPA competitions, which I want to start participating in. I only wish they had a longer rifle range. I think they're limited to 100 yards.

All in all, I think it was worth going. I may go back tomorrow to have a custom holster made for my CZ 75 B SA. Finding a descent IWB holster for that gun has been an real PITA.
    Well, there's a waiting list here too, but you've got distance: http://www.nhrpc.org/.

There are some "work" days involved, but it may be worth your effort...

FWIW, you only get out of something what you put into it. Just my thought...
    - bamboomaster

Quote Originally Posted by Roadking View Post
    Bunch of traitors here... LOL!
    If you were here , we would have bought from you. Or at least stopped by for free samples!
    I don't speak English , I talk American!

(Bucks County)

Quote Originally Posted by bamboomaster View Post
    Well, there's a waiting list here too, but you've got distance: http://www.nhrpc.org/.

There are some "work" days involved, but it may be worth your effort...

FWIW, you only get out of something what you put into it. Just my thought...
    Thanks. New Holland is definitely another option that I'm considering, as is University Rifle Club.

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast