Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Default Re: Want a LTCF - Where to Start

Cool-
    So it looks like we bypass the local police altogether. And no fingerprinting. And only $20 bucks. All good new!

Here in Indiana we had to go to the local PD and pay $75 (I think) and get printed there which was another fee unless you sweet talked the old hag printing you. Each PD had a certain way to do the paperwork. Some put it in the old typewriter some hand printed but they all wanted to watch you sign and date it for some reason.

Then you also needed to bring in a check or money order of $50 bucks for the State Police for the background check and the license and whatever... The Local PD will check you out, do the paperwork, print you, and sometimes, depending on the Chief, you need an appointment to meet with him for a little one on one. And that appointment could take awhile because he is a real busy guy. The anti-gun PDs can drag their feet all they want but eventually they will approve the application.

I believe things have changed for the better in the last few years as I hear they waved one of the fees and fingerprinting is done by those companies that do them for businesses all over the state. I still don't think there is a timeline to get your license so they can still drag their feet.

Quote Originally Posted by Statkowski View Post
    I'm assuming your daughter is age 21 or over, yes? She's an adult, a grown-up. The more Daddy keeps doing stuff for her, the less able she'll be to stand on her own two feet.

Have her go to the Lawrence County Sheriff's Office website, that'll tell her all she needs to do. A one-page application plus twenty bucks.
    Yep she's 21 years old and still my little girl. I did still dress and bath her up until she left the nest but I wouldn't call it babying her, I just wanted to make sure she looked good and was ready for the day. I do still chew food for her though. (it's an old family tradition) Living so far away does make it difficult but I manage. I usually ship her out a week or two of food at a time. You see this way I chew out all the sugars and bad preservatives that would damage her teeth and liver so all she need to do is throw a bag in her purse and call it lunch. No more cavities or cracking a tooth on hard stuff because I take all the hits for her. You see, I have great teeth for my age because my daddy did this for me up until he died.

That's what daddies are for.
    Last edited by DeadDuck; September 8th, 2018 at 02:30 PM.

(Indiana County)

Quote Originally Posted by DeadDuck View Post
    Yep she's 21 years old and still my little girl. I did still dress and bath her up until she left the nest but I wouldn't call it babying her, I just wanted to make sure she looked good and was ready for the day. I do still chew food for her though. (it's an old family tradition) Living so far away does make it difficult but I manage. I usually ship her out a week or two of food at a time. You see this way I chew out all the sugars and bad preservatives that would damage her teeth and liver so all she need to do is throw a bag in her purse and call it lunch. No more cavities or cracking a tooth on hard stuff because I take all the hits for her. You see, I have great teeth for my age because my daddy did this for me up until he died.

A most excellent response, Sir. I believe that's called a Bazinga!

(Montgomery County)

It puts the lotion in the basket...

Gunsnwater said it all.

Welcome to the PAFOA.

Please make sure your daughter registers to VOTE right away, we need all the pro gun voters we can get.
    Please VOTE in every election, and please always VOTE REPUBLICAN to PROTECT the SECOND AMENDMENT.

PA Voter Registration Deadline: October 9, 2018.
    Election Day: November 6, 2018.

REGISTER to VOTE here: https://www.pavoterservices.pa.gov/p...plication.aspx

Locate your State and Federal Elected Officials by ZIP CODE in the search box here: https://cqrcengage.com/gunowners
    How can you have any cookies if you don't drink your milk?

(Chester County)

Thanks for your help Dad.
    Corruption is the default behavior of government officials. JPC

Quote Originally Posted by JenniferG View Post
    Thanks for your help Dad.
    Anything for you PopTart!

....Oh speaking of.....
    I picked up some catfish from your Uncle Nester I thought you might like. (De boned) And of course I'll chew up some of your favorite possum lasagna.
    I'll throw it in with your next bag meal shipment.

Love Ya!

(Delaware County)

Oh, yeah, he's gonna fit right in here.

If she's anything like her daddy, she'll hold her own, too.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12