Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 5 of 22 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast
    (Allegheny County)

Default Re: How does this one go?

Quote Originally Posted by DonBiase View Post
    Can't wait the hear the backstory on this.
    So many things unexplained.
    We don't let pesky facts get in the way. The less info the more we can assume, the more we assume, the better the story gets.
    I called to check my ZIP CODE!....DY-NO-MITE!!!

(Philadelphia County)

Quote Originally Posted by mrat View Post
    Funny how the cop doesn't get held and still gets paid for mistakenly going into another's home and shooting and killing the occupant. And they say they don't get preferential treatment. Anybody here want to try this and see how it plays out? At least she went home safe, that's what really counts. Good shoot, F'ck-Up.
    https://www.nbcphiladelphia.com/news...492397821.html

Pawnall is being held without bail until his hearing.

(Northampton County)

Maybe she went to 'Happy Hour' after her shift, or she used to date this guy and it didn't end well, or both.
    USAF Crewchief C-141A Starlifter '75-'79
    God is my Pilot
    '70 W-31 Olds
    Fight Crime- Shoot Back!!

(Bucks County)

Quote Originally Posted by loosenuts View Post
    '70 W-31 Olds
    f

Quote Originally Posted by internet troll View Post
    Not a lot of info on this one yet. But let's say you somehow walk into the wrong apartment and shoot someone because you truly believe your life is in danger. Is there any way to honestly argue self defense when you shoot the rightful occupant of the apartment?

Off-duty Dallas police officer walks into wrong apartment, shoots and kills resident inside

DALLAS, Texas - Dallas police are investigating a deadly shooting involving an off-duty police officer.

According to news release, the officer arrived home around 10 p.m. Thursday after working a full shift. Police said she was in full uniform when she walked into an apartment she thought was her own and fired her weapon at the man inside.

Fellow officers were called to the scene where they administered first aid to the 26-year-old victim. Police said he was rushed to a nearby hospital where he was pronounced dead.

The officer who fired the shots was not injured. The police department said she will be placed on administrative leave while an investigation is completed.

__________________________________________________ __________
    https://abcnews.go.com/US/officer-fa...ry?id=57667361

A little more info

Dallas police and the county district attorney's office are investigating after police said one of their officers shot and killed a 26-year-old man Thursday night upon returning home from her shift and entering the wrong apartment in her building.

Preliminary information suggests the off-duty officer, who has not been publicly identified, was still wearing her police uniform and was returning home after working a full shift, the Dallas Police Department said in a statement Friday.

The officer arrived just before 10 p.m. local time at the apartment complex where she lives south of downtown Dallas, according to the police department's statement.

(MORE: Gunman in Cincinnati bank shooting that killed 3 identified as 29-year-old Ohio resident)
    She told responding officers that she "entered the victim's apartment believing that it was her own" and at some point "fired her weapon striking the victim," police said in the statement.

The officer called police dispatch for help, and the responding officers administered aid to the man at the scene He was then taken to a local hospital where he was pronounced dead, police said.

(MORE: Officer allegedly kills wife, then himself)
    Authorities said they are awaiting family notification before releasing the victim's name.

The officer involved was not injured in the incident and was placed on administrative leave while the police department conducts a joint investigation with the Dallas County District Attorney's Office.

"This investigation is ongoing and we will release additional details as they become available and it is appropriate to do so," police said in the statement.

The Dallas County District Attorney's Office said they do not have any additional information to release at this time, and the Dallas Police Department did not immediately respond to ABC News' request for comme
    I think she should be executed. She murdered a man because of her negligence and now is claiming fear for life. The fuck out of here.
    Life has a melody. Not great, not terrible.

(Berks County)

Quote Originally Posted by JustinHEMI View Post
    I think she should be executed. She murdered a man because of her negligence and now is claiming fear for life. The fuck out of here.
    Regardless of what happens the victim's family will never get him back but execution is reserved for the most heinous of crimes like first degree murder. Her life as she knew it is over, I'm calling 20 years in jail and as I said above, nothing will bring the guy back. I get a kick out of the news articles when they report that xxx$ of restitution is ordered against someone who is due to spend some time in jail. They'll never be able to pay that restitution.
    Gender confusion is a mental illness

(Lancaster County)

Quote Originally Posted by Walleye Hunter View Post
    Regardless of what happens the victim's family will never get him back but execution is reserved for the most heinous of crimes like first degree murder. Her life as she knew it is over, I'm calling 20 years in jail and as I said above, nothing will bring the guy back. I get a kick out of the news articles when they report that xxx$ of restitution is ordered against someone who is due to spend some time in jail. They'll never be able to pay that restitution.
    I'm doubting that she'll even get 20 years in jail.
    Rules are written in the stone,
    Break the rules and you get no bones,
    all you get is ridicule, laughter,
    and a trip to the house of pain.

Quote Originally Posted by Walleye Hunter View Post
    What streaker said. You have more faith in the system than I do.

And I consider this heinous.
    Life has a melody. Not great, not terrible.

(Allegheny County)

There's no info to base a judgement upon. None.

This could be anything from terribly bad judgement, to blatant carelessness, to a simple, honest mistake with a horrific outcome.
    I called to check my ZIP CODE!....DY-NO-MITE!!!

(Bucks County)

Quote Originally Posted by loosenuts View Post
    Maybe she went to 'Happy Hour' after her shift, or she used to date this guy and it didn't end well, or both.
    That is what I am thinking....And I believe it was Both.

We will need some more facts. Was the apartment next door or down the hall? And when you opened the door did the furniture and room setup look similar?

Until I hear otherwise I am doubting her story.

Page 5 of 22 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast