Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 12 of 22 FirstFirst ... 28910111213141516 ... LastLast
    (Berks County)

Default Re: How does this one go?

Quote Originally Posted by streaker69 View Post
    If her supervisors have her working shifts to the point that she can't tell her own apartment from another, and can't reason enough that her key and code didn't work that there might be another reason, then there's something seriously wrong there. No employer should be working their employees to the point that they can't think straight.
    As a life long truck driver I could share some stories with you that might have you thinking every time you pass a truck. All within the confines of the law.
    Gender confusion is a mental illness

(Washington County)

Default Re: Shooting of Botham Jean by Officer Amber Guyger

Perhaps this has been covered already, and I hope it has.

I don't know if anyone else has ever spent time in a building where multiple floors are laid out the same. It is not at all difficult to get off on the wrong floor from an elevator or stairwell and not be where you think you are. If the officer lived in the same apartment, on a different floor, she would not have to be intoxicated or even exhausted to become disoriented. This is a much more plausible scenario than thinking your neighbor's house is your house.

Also, someone implied that an argument would be evidence of foul play, perhaps that the officer and the shooting victim had been previously aquainted. If we assume that the officer believed the apartment was hers, and found someone occupying it, while from the actual resident's perspective, he finds someone trying to gain access to what he knows to be his apartment at a late hour, an ensuing argument is not terribly difficult to imagine.

I think the most likely scenario is a tragic accident. Whether the officer is at fault for that accident, well that isn't for me to determine. Hopefully the people tasked with making that decision have a bit of actual evidence to assist them.
    Last edited by marinville; September 10th, 2018 at 12:20 PM.

There's another interesting tidbit contained in the original story. After she shot him, she called the police department. It was reported that responding officers started first aid on the victim. I wonder what she was doing all that time? If she screwed up, why didn't she start first aid instead of waiting for responding officers?

Just something else to chew on......

(Allegheny County)

It's highly probable that she is also the REAL Las Vegas shooter and he was about to go public with this info, so she created an elaborate setup to snuff him out.
    I called to check my ZIP CODE!....DY-NO-MITE!!!

(Lancaster County)

Quote Originally Posted by Emptymag View Post
    It's highly probable that she is also the REAL Las Vegas shooter and he was about to go public with this info, so she created an elaborate setup to snuff him out.
    It's already been determined that she's the grand daughter of the cousin of the guy on the grassy knoll.
    Rules are written in the stone,
    Break the rules and you get no bones,
    all you get is ridicule, laughter,
    and a trip to the house of pain.

(Delaware County)

Quote Originally Posted by marinville View Post
    Perhaps this has been covered already, and I hope it has.

I don't know if anyone else has ever spent time in a building where multiple floors are laid out the same. It is not at all difficult to get off on the wrong floor from an elevator or stairwell and not be where you think you are. If the officer lived in the same apartment, on a different floor, she would not have to be intoxicated or even exhausted to become disoriented. This is a much more plausible scenario than thinking your neighbor's house is your house.

Also, someone implied that an argument would be evidence of foul play, perhaps that the officer and the shooting victim had been previously aquainted. If we assume that the officer believed the apartment was hers, and found someone occupying it, while from the actual resident's perspective, he finds someone trying to gain access to what he knows to be his apartment at a late hour, an ensuing argument is not terribly difficult to imagine.

I think the most likely scenario is a tragic accident. Whether the officer is at fault for that accident, well that isn't for me to determine. Hopefully the people tasked with making that decision have a bit of actual evidence to assist them.
    See post #78

(York County)

I worked 12~14 hour shifts back to back one week. Stopped by Walmart to pick a few things up. Put my groceries away, put the shopping cart away, and got into some elses unlocked car. Same color, same model. Didn't realize I was in the wrong car until it didn't start. Just glad nobody saw, and there wasn't a confrontation. Just drove home a bit embarrassed with myself.

Fatigue does strange things.

Granted a car is not the same as an appartment.

And please remember to lock your car! lol

(Lehigh County)

Quote Originally Posted by Rook View Post
    I worked 12~14 hour shifts back to back one week. Stopped by Walmart to pick a few things up. Put my groceries away, put the shopping cart away, and got into some elses unlocked car. Same color, same model. Didn't realize I was in the wrong car until it didn't start. Just glad nobody saw, and there wasn't a confrontation. Just drove home a bit embarrassed with myself.

If you are old enough to remember Briggs and Stratton keys in cars, here is one I know of. A guy came out of the bar and got in his car and drove home... but, it was not his car. It was the same model and it used the same key as his did. Apparently in that one in million chance that key code was repeated and ended up in his hands, so he did not notice anything wrong until the next morning when there was this strange car in his driveway.

After a few phone calls it was all worked out and the right car went home with the correct person. I don't remember the exact brand other than it was GM.
    Illegitimus non carborundum est

(Bucks County)

Quote Originally Posted by Rook View Post

I walked up to "my" car, UNLOCKED the door, and sat down. Then I realized it was not my car! My car was a few cars down.

In reality, There are not that many key combination and automakers (and the locks on your house) use the same key codes over and over. Its just that most people don't try their keys out on other persons locks.

Quote Originally Posted by gghbi View Post
    If you are old enough to remember Briggs and Stratton keys in cars, here is one I know of. A guy came out of the bar and got in his car and drove home... but, it was not his car. It was the same model and it used the same key as his did. Apparently in that one in million chance that key code was repeated and ended up in his hands, so he did not notice anything wrong until the next morning when there was this strange car in his driveway.

After a few phone calls it was all worked out and the right car went home with the correct person. I don't remember the exact brand other than it was GM.
    My mom had a Chevy Malibu that I was borrowing. Think it was an 85. I went to what I thought was her car, used her key to unlock the door, and only when her key wouldn't start the car did I realize I was in the wrong car. No harm no foul, just cursed myself for being a dummy.

Page 12 of 22 FirstFirst ... 28910111213141516 ... LastLast