Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 13 of 22 FirstFirst ... 391011121314151617 ... LastLast

Default Re: Shooting of Botham Jean by Officer Amber Guyger

I don't think any sort of murder charges are warranted in this case. The media, as it likes to do, wants everyone to believe that the guy was just chilling on his couch, and she was like "holy shit a black man!" and shot him. She was trying to unlock the door, he likely came to the door and saw a cop outside, and opened the door. Obviously she was startled and overreacted, wondering why someone was in what she thought was her apartment. In the same circumstances she probably would have shot anyone who opened the door, but people who have made being a victim part of their identity look for reasons to validate their identity, so of course so many are going to jump to the conclusion that it had something to do with race.

(Delaware County)

I listened to simulcast of the CBS Evening News tonight. The story:

Apparently, when she got to what she *thought* was her apartment the door was open, lights off, and a "shadowy figure" was inside. She gave a couple of cop commands, which weren't followed, then fired twice. Allegedly, she didn't know it wasn't her apartment until she called 911 and turned on the lights.

So, nothing to do with keys or locks.

Quote Originally Posted by Sgt.K View Post

Apparently, when she got to what she *thought* was her apartment the door was open, lights off, and a "shadowy figure" was inside. She gave a couple of cop commands, which weren't followed, then fired twice. Allegedly, she didn't know it wasn't her apartment until she called 911 and turned on the lights.

There's so many different stories going around its hard to keep track.

Gee golly, sounds like she made a simple mistake. I hope the justice system goes easy on her.

I wonder if a black man had shot a shadowy figure in "his" apartment, that turned out to be a white cop in the cop's own apartment would that fairy tale be believed?
    Go sell crazy some where else, we're all stocked up here.

Political power grows from the muzzle of a gun.

It must be the truth ... I saw it on TV!

IANAL. I don't give legal advice. I'm only stating my OPINION.
    (Did I really need to say that on an Internet forum? LOL)

(Dauphin County)

Please. One would really have to suspend their disbelief and critical thinking to accept that at the very time she went to the wrong door, that door was slightly ajar, not requiring her to use keys to enter. While it is possible, it is so unlikely that it appears to be concocted. I would not accept it as a juror unless it could be corroborated. Also, witnesses report hearing knocking on a door prior to the shots fired. If knocking, no door was ajar.
    Power always thinks...that it is doing God's service when it is violating all his laws.

(Northampton County)

If the door was ajar why didn't she call it in as a possible break in and wait for backup before going in to clear the apt? If she is in the hall and not her castle I don't think she should have shot him. She had the opportunity to walk away or back away from the door and keep it covered until backup arrived.
    National Handgun Reciprocity
    End Gun Free Zones
    Fast & Furious show us the documents

Quote Originally Posted by ROCK-IT3 View Post
    Please. One would really have to suspend their disbelief and critical thinking to accept that at the very time she went to the wrong door, that door was slightly ajar, not requiring her to use keys to enter. While it is possible, it is so unlikely that it appears to be concocted. I would not accept it as a juror unless it could be corroborated. Also, witnesses report hearing knocking on a door prior to the shots fired. If knocking, no door was ajar.
    Door open, no lights on in the apartment, she shoots at a figure BEFORE knowing her target. I don't think so!

Hi honey, it's Mom, I thought I'd stop over and surprise you with a visit and cook you dinner...

(Delaware County)

Quote Originally Posted by ROCK-IT3 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by jerryg View Post
    If the door was ajar why didn't she call it in as a possible break in and wait for backup before going in to clear the apt? If she is in the hall and not her castle I don't think she should have shot him. She had the opportunity to walk away or back away from the door and keep it covered until backup arrived.
    As I said, I'm having trouble coming up with any version of a story that works out in her favor. The way I see it, she's facing manslaughter at a bare minimum.

(Lancaster County)

That was the best story the police lawyer could come up with?
    Una Salus Victis Nullam Sperare Salutem

Page 13 of 22 FirstFirst ... 391011121314151617 ... LastLast