Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    (Philadelphia County)

Default Re: Here is a doozie- Non- resident, property owner, keeping firearms and getting a C

Quote Originally Posted by lts1ow View Post
    Seems to simple to work
    I agree, but I've read examples of folks doing so on an NY gun forum to get NY permits.

(Lancaster County)

Default Re: Here is a doozie- Non- resident, property owner, keeping firearms and getting a C

Quote Originally Posted by PHLJJS View Post
    I agree, but I've read examples of folks doing so on an NY gun forum to get NY permits.
    I mean, as far as the non driver ID goes... seems like you need a lease agreement and utility bills so that is easy to get without being a "resident" of PA.

But again, seems way to easy to skirt the system, which means its too good to be true
    Una Salus Victis Nullam Sperare Salutem

(Delaware County)

I mean, as far as the non driver ID goes... seems like you need a lease agreement and utility bills so that is easy to get without being a "resident" of PA.

But again, seems way to easy to skirt the system, which means its too good to be true
    You might want to go back up and read SigForLife's signature line. He's one of the ones who doesn't put IANAL in his posts. Which means he doesn't skirt the system, he works within it.

(Lancaster County)

Quote Originally Posted by Sgt.K View Post
    You might want to go back up and read SigForLife's signature line. He's one of the ones who doesn't put IANAL in his posts. Which means he doesn't skirt the system, he works within it.
    Already scheduled a chat with him

(Susquehanna County)

I doubt any PA place is gonna give you a PA LTCF without you having a NJ carry permit.
    ^ what he said ^
    Retired US Army
    NRA Life Member, GOA, USCCA
    "Artificial intelligence is no match for Natural Stupidity"

(Susquehanna County)

PA Non-Drivers ID with the address of their PA home listed?
    Actually that is the law now in NY State. To apply for or to renew a non-resident (yes they exist) Pistol License you must has a NY State issues, non-driver, non-resident, photo ID.
    I went to NY DMV where NY ID's are issued and they said "A WHAT?" So I have until 2022 before I have to renew my NY State (Non-Resident) Pistol License.. I hope to get a NY State issues, non-driver, non-resident, photo ID before I lose my pistol license
    Retired US Army
    NRA Life Member, GOA, USCCA
    "Artificial intelligence is no match for Natural Stupidity"

(Venango County)

Even if NJ has strict limitations on where you can transport firearms in their statutes, can they really enforce it?

My thinking is that once you cross a state border, NJ loses jurisdiction over you and your legally transported firearms. They would have no way or power to discover or follow where or how you are going in the neighboring state. Is that not so. Also, does not the law need to be explicit in naming what can not legally be done?

Just trying to learn as law oft times seems far more complex than it needs to be!
    It is you. You have all the weapons that you need. Now fight. --Sucker Punch

(Jefferson County)

Quote Originally Posted by TaePo View Post
    Even if NJ has strict limitations on where you can transport firearms in their statutes, can they really enforce it?

My thinking is that once you cross a state border, NJ loses jurisdiction over you and your legally transported firearms. They would have no way or power to discover or follow where or how you are going in the neighboring state. Is that not so. Also, does not the law need to be explicit in naming what can not legally be done?

Just trying to learn as law oft times seems far more complex than it needs to be!
    They can while you are within NJ.

Regardless as to which state the destination is in, NJ law only allows for transporting to/from certain locations. ...range, gunsmith, hunting, etc.

Once you're in PA, it become a PA legal matter.
    RIP: SFN, 1861, twoeggsup, Lambo, jamesjo, JayBell, 32 Magnum, Pro2A, mrwildroot, dregan, Frenchy, Fragger, ungawa, Mtn Jack, Grapeshot, R.W.J., PennsyPlinker, Statkowski, Deanimator, roland, aubie515

Don't end up in my signature!

(Lancaster County)

Quote Originally Posted by TaePo View Post

Leaving the state is the semi easy part. If you manage to get pulled over, searched, and then pistol found, claim you were headed to a pistol range etc. May work, but this is why you join a range in PA so you have a valid defense.

Tricky part is when you come back to prison, short of leaving from the range in PA.. once you hit NJ you need some valid reason to have a pistol in your car.

For me, when the NH permits were still valid, I joined a local PA range and went there before heading home to NJ.

(Jefferson County)

Leaving the state is the semi easy part. If you manage to get pulled over, searched, and then pistol found, claim you were headed to a pistol range etc. May work, but this is why you join a range in PA so you have a valid defense.

Tricky part is when you come back to prison, short of leaving from the range in PA.. once you hit NJ you need some valid reason to have a pistol in your car.

For me, when the NH permits were still valid, I joined a local PA range and went there before heading home to NJ.
    Until either NJ fixes their laws, Congress forces something, or SCOTUS crams something down NJ's throat - the range thing is the best way to do it.

A membership card at a range is good evidence should you get in a sticky situation. Then proof on the way back home will help(some targets shot full of holes, some empty brass, etc.).
    RIP: SFN, 1861, twoeggsup, Lambo, jamesjo, JayBell, 32 Magnum, Pro2A, mrwildroot, dregan, Frenchy, Fragger, ungawa, Mtn Jack, Grapeshot, R.W.J., PennsyPlinker, Statkowski, Deanimator, roland, aubie515

Don't end up in my signature!

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast