Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Results 1 to 9 of 9
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Kutztown, Pennsylvania
    (Berks County)
    Posts
    23
    Rep Power
    0

    Default Chile Pepper festival

    Anyone going to the Chile Pepper Festival in Bowers? Can I carry there? Is it worth the time?

    https://events.time.ly/35zwqpe?event...20180908090000

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Douglassville, Pennsylvania
    (Berks County)
    Posts
    1,846
    Rep Power
    21474844

    Default Re: Chile Pepper festival

    Quote Originally Posted by truckie453 View Post
    Anyone going to the Chile Pepper Festival in Bowers? Can I carry there? Is it worth the time?

    https://events.time.ly/35zwqpe?event...20180908090000
    It's been a couple of years since I was there and nobody was checking. Parking's a hassle and some people actually park as far as a mile away and hoof it in so they think it's worth it. If you go extra early you can get right in like you're a vendor and park up front for free. You could also drive to the Mennonite farm up the road where they have a gazillion varieties of peppers and tomatoes (tomatoes are about done for the year) and they horse and wagon people to the fair I believe that's cheating but you can do it, the ride is supposed to be from the fair to the farm, not the opposite.
    If it ain't broke it ain't mine.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Kutztown, Pennsylvania
    (Berks County)
    Posts
    23
    Rep Power
    0

    Default Re: Chile Pepper festival

    Quote Originally Posted by Walleye Hunter View Post
    It's been a couple of years since I was there and nobody was checking. Parking's a hassle and some people actually park as far as a mile away and hoof it in so they think it's worth it. If you go extra early you can get right in like you're a vendor and park up front for free. You could also drive to the Mennonite farm up the road where they have a gazillion varieties of peppers and tomatoes (tomatoes are about done for the year) and they horse and wagon people to the fair I believe that's cheating but you can do it, the ride is supposed to be from the fair to the farm, not the opposite.
    Good to know. Thanks for the info. I’m hoping it will be a fun day for the family.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Douglassville, Pennsylvania
    (Berks County)
    Posts
    1,846
    Rep Power
    21474844

    Default Re: Chile Pepper festival

    Quote Originally Posted by truckie453 View Post
    Good to know. Thanks for the info. I’m hoping it will be a fun day for the family.
    I'd like to hear how you make out, what day and time you go, etc. I like going to the farm for a variety of peppers to add to my hot sauce.
    If it ain't broke it ain't mine.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Kutztown, Pennsylvania
    (Berks County)
    Posts
    23
    Rep Power
    0

    Default Re: Chile Pepper festival

    Quote Originally Posted by Walleye Hunter View Post
    I'd like to hear how you make out, what day and time you go, etc. I like going to the farm for a variety of peppers to add to my hot sauce.
    We had a great time today. We were there about noon and left about 330. The food was great, I wouldn't have guessed how many hot sauce flavors are out there. It wasn't too crowded and the temp was perfect, if not a little cold for my wife. We parked on Fleetwood/Main St. in a field and we walked down. It drizzled a little but only for a minute or two. It was $3 for parking and $4 per person donation to get in. I had my MP9 2.0 compact IWB at 3 o'clock. No issues at all. It was a great day and we would definitely go again.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    I live in a van down by the river, Pennsylvania
    (Berks County)
    Age
    19
    Posts
    1,359
    Rep Power
    21474845

    Default Re: Chile Pepper festival

    What did the donation go to?
    I don't advocate for gun rights I advocate for people's rights.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    POCONO MOUNTAINS, PENNSYLVANIA, Pennsylvania
    (Monroe County)
    Age
    67
    Posts
    2,582
    Rep Power
    21474848

    Default Re: Chile Pepper festival

    More importantly does the Chili Pepper Festival take the place of a COLONOSCOPY ?

  8. #8
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    127.0.0.1, Pennsylvania
    (Lancaster County)
    Posts
    16,853
    Rep Power
    21474865

    Default Re: Chile Pepper festival

    Rules are written in the stone,
    Break the rules and you get no bones,
    all you get is ridicule, laughter,
    and a trip to the house of pain.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Kutztown, Pennsylvania
    (Berks County)
    Posts
    23
    Rep Power
    0

    Default Re: Chile Pepper festival

    Quote Originally Posted by donotknowme View Post
    What did the donation go to?
    Good question, I honestly didn't check. I will have to ask next time.

    Quote Originally Posted by MARINE DIVISION TWO View Post
    More importantly does the Chili Pepper Festival take the place of a COLONOSCOPY ?
    Your quote made me think of the chili festival scene in Wild Hogs. Lol.

    Maggie: That's too bad. I wanted you to try my chili. It's pretty hot.

    Dudley Frank: No, I'll try it. I like your kind of hot. Chili, chili hot. Food hot. That's the hot I want to kiss. Eat

Similar Threads

  1. chile cookoff
    By shefearsnothing in forum General
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: August 7th, 2008, 01:10 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Local gun shops | Local shooting ranges | Philadelphia Shooting Ranges | Philadelphia Gun Shops | Pittsburgh Shooting Ranges | Pittsburgh Gun Shops