I knew this day was coming for about 6 years. Ever since I visited one of my relatives in another state and he informed me I would be getting all of his guns in the future. At first I assumed it would be through inheritance but a few months later he passed through the area and gave me an assortment of rifles. I was beside myself in appreciation and excitement, among the rifles were an FAL, an SKS picked up in Vietnam, MAS 49/56, Argentine Calvary Carbine, some old Winchesters, and others. I was elated to have shared the exchange with him while he was still living. Over the next few years I send him regular updates such as when I found an original FAL wood stock set and flash suppressor and finished the install. Since then he has given me other rifles and shotguns. We have also transferred a few handguns to include a Colt revolver and an original Russian Makarov.

Then it happened... My aunt called to tell me the news. This is difficult to talk about but I feel like I have to share it with someone. I'm headed south to visit them in a few weeks and he has decided it is time. He's ready to give me his High Point Carbine. I'm about to add another one that I thought I'd never own. can I still show my face here? Will the PAFOA purists still accept me? I see no sleep in my future tonight. The struggle of first world problems is strong tonight.