Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Default Re: I'm About To Join "That" Crowd

Quote Originally Posted by GunLawyer001 View Post
    Glad to hear that.

PAFOA is the adult section of the firearms community (dick jokes aside), and people have learned that they can rely on us for the legalities. I got another call from a reporter today, through the site, who wanted the straight scoop on PA gun laws. We've earned that good reputation.

Whether it's a discussion of removing markings from a firearm, or a transfer of long guns across state lines, it's important to NOT leave anyone with a false impression regarding the laws.

Most Americans have a terrible understanding of the reality of gun laws and gun dynamics, because what they "know" is what they see repeated on TV. Being shot with a .357 Magnum will hurl you backwards and through a plate glass window; you can turn a semi Uzi model A into a working MG with a hand file and 20 minutes sitting on a bleacher; a 30 round magazine will get you through a running gunfight against 30 armed opponents; an AR-15 round is too powerful for deer; and slipping the store clerk an extra $20 will remove the need for a background check or ID.

They've seen all of that on TV, so they know it's true.

If you read something here on PAFOA, and nobody challenges it, it's probably OK. We all need to work at keeping that true.
    No worries Phil. Every one of us needs guys like you (the true subject matter experts) to insert a dose of reality on occasion. I appreciate your input and understand your intent to advise, assist, and keep us on the right track. You're a good man and true friend to the American gun owner.

(Montgomery County)

All other kidding aside... congrats on the new collection. Enjoy (regardless of the brand)!

(Lancaster County)

What nationality of FAL?

(Montgomery County)

I'd take a hi point as a gift. Not sure how much use it would get, but it's better than a rock for sure.

(Dauphin County)

My eldest son has been trying to work the “Hi point” angle for years now. He knows all the points to make. If it gets stolen, confiscated, its a tool not art, yadee yadee. I gave him a brick to practice with and told him to save. “but you own a Glock”, he said. I took the brick back!

(Westmoreland County)

Quote Originally Posted by MT1 View Post
    Then it happened... My aunt called to tell me the news. This is difficult to talk about but I feel like I have to share it with someone. I'm headed south to visit them in a few weeks and he has decided it is time. He's ready to give me his High Point Carbine. I'm about to add another one that I thought I'd never own. can I still show my face here? Will the PAFOA purists still accept me? I see no sleep in my future tonight. The struggle of first world problems is strong tonight.

People make too much about Hi Points. I figure as long as you keep it discrete, do not carry it on the street and only shoot it around trusted friends who will not judge you that you should be OK.

Seriously - they're not that bad. I still might buy one just for the looks I'd get at the range. I'd learn to shoot it very accurately to mess with people's heads.

(Westmoreland County)

Quote Originally Posted by GunLawyer001 View Post
    slipping the store clerk an extra $20 will remove the need for a background check or ID.
    What? You mean that I don't have to spend all of that time filling in multiple forms then waiting for the PSP to bless me? All I have to do is give the clerk an extra $20? How does the BATF allow these people to do this sort of thing? Are they in on it too?

Is there a secret NRA handshake that nobody taught me at the range or do I need to go to a Flea Market, open carry and wait for someone to give me the "thumbs up" sign?

The gun control lobby is like a small child slinging crap, hoping that some of it will "stick".

I'm waiting for the "Red Flag" laws to be abused by gun control nut judges.... ought to be fun to see one of them getting reamed out on appeal.

Black gun on a black peg board... no I didn't think that one through. Anyway, it has officially been re-homed after my original visit got derailed by Hurricane Florence. I didn't realize these things are single stack mags. I looked for some extended mags but the only ones I found look like a pair of 1911 mags held together with electrical tape. I guess it's kinda fitting to make the mags as ugly as the rifle. To stay with the bottom of the barrel budget form it even came with a Barska red dot!

Picture5.jpg

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123