Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default I'm About To Join "That" Crowd

I knew this day was coming for about 6 years. Ever since I visited one of my relatives in another state and he informed me I would be getting all of his guns in the future. At first I assumed it would be through inheritance but a few months later he passed through the area and gave me an assortment of rifles. I was beside myself in appreciation and excitement, among the rifles were an FAL, an SKS picked up in Vietnam, MAS 49/56, Argentine Calvary Carbine, some old Winchesters, and others. I was elated to have shared the exchange with him while he was still living. Over the next few years I send him regular updates such as when I found an original FAL wood stock set and flash suppressor and finished the install. Since then he has given me other rifles and shotguns. We have also transferred a few handguns to include a Colt revolver and an original Russian Makarov.

Then it happened... My aunt called to tell me the news. This is difficult to talk about but I feel like I have to share it with someone. I'm headed south to visit them in a few weeks and he has decided it is time. He's ready to give me his High Point Carbine. I'm about to add another one that I thought I'd never own. can I still show my face here? Will the PAFOA purists still accept me? I see no sleep in my future tonight. The struggle of first world problems is strong tonight.

(Chester County)

Default Re: I'm About To Join "That" Crowd

High Point bashing aside, can a relative in another state simply just give you guns? Isn't that a violation of federal law?
    You are a straight white man. You don't get to be the victim, sweetie.

Stone's throw from Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
    (Butler County)

You didn't pay good money for it, you got it for free - that counts for something. Take it to the range with friends five times and mock it mercilessly while you shoot it, and you'll be absolved. Then go and sin no more.

dont want the hi point? give it to me, i don't care what anyone thinks especially internet people i've never met

(Delaware County)

Quote Originally Posted by MT1 View Post
    I knew this day was coming for about 6 years. Ever since I visited one of my relatives in another state and he informed me I would be getting all of his guns in the future. At first I assumed it would be through inheritance but a few months later he passed through the area and gave me an assortment of rifles. I was beside myself in appreciation and excitement, among the rifles were an FAL, an SKS picked up in Vietnam, MAS 49/56, Argentine Calvary Carbine, some old Winchesters, and others. I was elated to have shared the exchange with him while he was still living. Over the next few years I send him regular updates such as when I found an original FAL wood stock set and flash suppressor and finished the install. Since then he has given me other rifles and shotguns. We have also transferred a few handguns to include a Colt revolver and an original Russian Makarov.

Then it happened... My aunt called to tell me the news. This is difficult to talk about but I feel like I have to share it with someone. I'm headed south to visit them in a few weeks and he has decided it is time. He's ready to give me his High Point Carbine. I'm about to add another one that I thought I'd never own. can I still show my face here? Will the PAFOA purists still accept me? I see no sleep in my future tonight. The struggle of first world problems is strong tonight.
    Take what you can get.
    Are Hi-Points good guns, NO, are they good enough guns YES.
    Have a 9MM Hi-point pistol, goes bang when it should.
    For the price, it's OK.
    Our brethren are already in the Field, why stand we here Idle?
    Si vis pacem, Para bellum
    To every man upon this earth, death cometh, soon or late

(Washington County)

I had a Hi-Point pistol banging around loose in my farm tractor toolbox for years to humanely put down animals the disc cutter would maim. I rarely shot it, only sprayed it with oil when I change ammo which wasn't all that often, maybe once a year if I remembered. That bulky ass thing would always go BANG when I pulled the trigger. It's demise only occured after throwing in a mini 5lb sledge in the toolbox for a few months.
    Washington County Machine Guns & Tactical Range -- CMP Affiliated Club -- FFL 07 / FFL 10 / FEL 20 / SOT 02 / ITAR
    Largest MG Rental Business on the entire East Coast. M2HB, M9 Flamethrower, M67 Grenades, M240 Bravo, M249 SAW, M1919, RPD, M60, Bowling Ball Mortar.
    Now offering High-Explosive Classes (Open to the Public)

Aggies Coach Really ??? Take off the tin foil bro.

Quote Originally Posted by str8shooter View Post
    High Point bashing aside, can a relative in another state simply just give you guns? Isn't that a violation of federal law?
    Yes, the OP might want to review 18 USC 922 (a)(3) and (a)(5), relating to bringing in guns and sending out guns across state lines. It's a crime to deliver and a separate crime to receive them.

Hey, I don't write the laws.
    Attorney Phil Kline, AKA gunlawyer001@gmail.com
    Ce sac n'est pas un jouet.

(Chester County)

Welcome to the club! We meet once a month at an undisclosed location known only to members. If you'll pm me a notarized photograph of you holding the actual HiPoint firearm, I will send you the address of the secret range, an explanation of the secret handshake and where to send your first years dues.

Though we hide our faces in shame while operating(operator as fook, I might add) the world's most looked down upon firearm, we smile joyfully during the flawless strings of fire emanating from our carbines and pistols. It's actually kinda like masturbation, everyone enjoys it but no one wants to admit they do it, and NO, the secret handshake has nothing to do with that!

Enjoy your HiPoint, just not in public.

(Yes, it's a slow morning.)

(Montgomery County)

I am starting to notice that almost every thread devolves to the penis...
    How can you have any cookies if you don't drink your milk?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast