Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    (Montgomery County)

Default Re: Can a teacher with a CCW keep their firearm in their car in a school parking lot?

You should ask your supervisor regarding work rules, a lawyer regarding legal issues. Not random people on the internet.

(Columbia County)

Default Re: Can a teacher with a CCW keep their firearm in their car in a school parking lot?

A thing to keep in mind is bomb detection dogs are trained to locate firearms, ammunition, and spent casings in addition to explosives. If a school gets a threat whether it be a bomb threat or threat of gun violence, it is likely that police will be showing up with multiple bomb detection dogs. It is feasible that they will run the dogs through the school parking lots including the school staff section. If that happens and the dog hits on a firearm inside a vehicle, someone is going to have some explaining to do. It could result in criminal charges, job loss, and loss of LTCF, in addition media exploitation.

(Berks County)

Consider moving to an education job in Tamaqua. We'll see what happens there in the coming week.

Currently, absolutely not.

You shouldn't keep it in your car ANYWHERE.

I've had to a couple of times because of surprise security policies, and I hated every second of it.
    Galations 6:9...And let us not grow weary of doing good, for in due season we will reap, if we do not give up.
    Ashli Babbitt - Patriot

(Susquehanna County)

Quote Originally Posted by bogey1 View Post
    A little lock box bolted to the floor will help.
    I treat my vehicle like my house, do not enter.
    So do I.. but traded to a Subaru Outback.. using the lock cable until I find a good place to bolt it down

I only use it for SHORT term solution to "NO GUN" places I kind of, got to, obey
    Retired US Army
    NRA Life Member, GOA, USCCA
    "Artificial intelligence is no match for Natural Stupidity"

(Delaware County)

I have two of the cable lock boxes that I secure in the bed of the truck when I need to for FOPA travel. For short term storage when I have to go into the Post Office (I hate the Post Office) or a federal building, I have a Console Vault.
    Sticks and stones will break my bones but hollow points expand on impact.

(Erie County)

Quote Originally Posted by STBear View Post
    I have two of the cable lock boxes that I secure in the bed of the truck when I need to for FOPA travel. For short term storage when I have to go into the Post Office (I hate the Post Office) or a federal building, I have a Console Vault.
    I may be wrong, but I don't think that is even legal on post office grounds.

(Lackawanna County)

No

(Indiana County)

It's not. Then again, putting down a crippled deer isn't legal, either.

(Delaware County)

Quote Originally Posted by SevenMilePete View Post
    I may be wrong, but I don't think that is even legal on post office grounds.
    I don't park on post office grounds. Public street or shopping parking lots.
    Sticks and stones will break my bones but hollow points expand on impact.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12