Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    (Washington County)

Default Do you ever want to stop buying guns?

I do, sometimes... pretty often anymore. I like guns, I just feel like maybe I have enough, and maybe I could actually shoot more, if I didn't always have a new gun fund keeping me... frugal.

I don't have a Curzans level collection, but at this point, I have more than a few. I've been buying one to three guns a year, for the past decade, give or take. I've sold and traded a few too, but that should get you in the ballpark. I definitely feel like, I have enough. Which is to say, any new guns I buy at this point will not fulfil a purpose that I can't already fulfil with what I already have.

Still, I like guns, and if I were to ignore my inner voice, I could easily see myself buying at least 10 more guns in the next few years. Guns I don't need, but cool guns. Cool guns I don't need.

Recently, I wiped out my 'guns to buy' list. Just deleted the whole thing. That lasted a few minutes, then I told myself: "Ok self, just two more. How about that? You don't have a lever gun yet, and you really want a 44 mag for some damn reason. So you can get a lever gun and nice single action 44 mag, and fulfil your childhood cowboy fantasies, and then you can be done. Done."

So that was the plan, and it felt good to have a plan, for about a week. Then... I saw this beautiful useless bastard: https://www.ruger.com/products/vaque...eets/5162.html a Ruger New Vaquero in 357 mag, with a freaking birds head grip, and I'm thinking to myself... "well, shit."

Now, I don't want to give the wrong impression. I'm not going into debt over this shit. It is sustainable, but, you know... shit. First world problems, I guess.
    Last edited by marinville; August 31st, 2018 at 09:38 PM.

Default Re: Do you ever want to stop buying guns?

I would like to build a full auto M2HB. I dont drink nearly as much as I used to,
    so buying guns is almost non existent. Im more into horsepower now, but I'm sure gun
    buying will resume in the near future.

(Philadelphia County)

There are just a few more pieces that I would like to have before I am done...no idea if I will ever get them though.
    There are no pacts between lions and men.

(Lackawanna County)

My wish list seems to just get longer even as I cross items off it.

(Wyoming County)

Quote Originally Posted by marinville View Post
    I do, sometimes... pretty often anymore. I like guns, I just feel like maybe I have enough, and maybe I could actually shoot more, if I didn't always have a new gun fund keeping me... fiscal.

I don't have a Curzans level collection, but at this point, I have more than a few. I've been buying one to three guns a year, for the past decade, give or take. I've sold and traded a few too, but that should get you in the ballpark. I definitely feel like, I have enough. Which is to say, any new guns I buy at this point will not fulfil a purpose that I can't already fulfil with what I already have.

Still, I like guns, and if I were to ignore my inner voice, I could easily see myself buying at least 10 more guns in the next few years. Guns I don't need, but cool guns. Cool guns I don't need.

Recently, I wiped out my 'guns to buy' list. Just deleted the whole thing. That lasted a few minutes, then I told myself: "Ok self, just two more. How about that? You don't have a lever gun yet, and you really want a 44 mag for some damn reason. So you can get a lever gun and nice single action 44 mag, and fulfil your childhood cowboy fantasies, and then you can be done. Done."

So that was the plan, and it felt good to have a plan, for about a week. Then... I saw this beautiful useless bastard: https://www.ruger.com/products/vaque...eets/5162.html a Ruger New Vaquero in 357 mag, with a freaking birds head grip, and I'm thinking to myself... "well, shit."

Now, I don't want to give the wrong impression. I'm not going into debt over this shit. It is sustainable, but, you know... shit. First world problems, I guess.
    I'm right there too
    "It seems that the Constitution is more or less guidelines than actual rules"
    My feedback: http://forum.pafoa.org/showthread.php?t=305685

(Chester County)

All of my bucket list firearms are checked off, save for the Barrett M107A1.

Building a firearms inventory for investment (or prepper) purposes is one thing. However, at some point you have to realize that your investment dollars are probably better targeted toward something more practical... like mutual funds.

(Mifflin County)

NO!!

I feel ya...I love buying them and having them, but it starting to get to the point where I don't shoot often enough to justify having so many. I have guns sitting in the safe that haven't been fired in years. That's sad. I've always wanted an AK and a M1A, but at this point I'm starting to wonder if I would ever even use them.

(Elk County)

Being halfway to 127, I have a very short "short list," have been downsizing, and have gone for long periods of time between buying guns.

Noah
    Wisdom and knowledge shall be the stability of thy times.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast