Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Henry 22 rifle

(York County)

Default Re: Henry 22 rifle

Great rifles from a great American company. I have won 5 total, from various gun raffles. I gave each of my two daughters a model HOO1. I kept the .44 magnum Big Boy, the Golden Boy, and the .22 magnum for myself. They are all nice, but I especially like the .22 magnum and seem to take it out alot.
    Archie Gates: No unnecessary shots, Conrad, 'cause we know what they do.
    Conrad Vig: Make infected pockets full of bile, sir.
    Archie Gates: That's right, Conrad, that's what they do.

(Schuylkill County)

Henry has always had a good track record. I did have one of the ( everything fits in the stock ) .22 cal survival rifles. If it were heavier, it would have made a good club. But in a pinch, it was nice to have it behind the seat of my truck. Difficult to pull the slide back with that little button. Still, in a pinch, it was OK. I blackened the dayglo ( florescent ) sight; and it helped. Certainly cheap enough for the purpose it was designed for. I will say, it was fairly accurate.
    Last edited by Jimsouth33; October 15th, 2018 at 10:38 AM.

(Butler County)

I've had the 24" threaded model and am very happy with it. Added a Skinner peep sight and a large loop handle. With a can on it shooting a variety of ammo such as the CCI Standard and slower, it's been a very accurate and quiet rifle. 22 Shorts in it with no suppressor it's still very quiet and has no problem consistently hitting 6" steel plates at 50 yards. The only limitation is my vision.

(Schuylkill County)

I saw one of these at the range; and I must say, very cool. Mountain View Arms Presents The "World's Lightest" Pack Rifle - The ...
    https://www.thetruthaboutguns.com/.....-lightest-pack... Still, for the money, a semi auto pack rifle is better.
    Last edited by Jimsouth33; October 15th, 2018 at 12:23 PM.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123