Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Henry 22 rifle

(Allegheny County)

Default Re: Henry 22 rifle

Should'a come to the group shoot and tried one out.

I have the H001L (large loop) carbine. (16 1/4" barrel)
    I bought it used (looked brand new) and as others have mentioned, the action is super smooth.
    I called to check my ZIP CODE!....DY-NO-MITE!!!

(Chester County)

Another +1 for the H001. I bought one to teach my daughter to shoot when she was 10 years old. We found it to be amazingly accurate and have used it to teach many youngsters shooting safety and skills for more than a decade. For an adult it might be a bit undersized, but I'm a history buff and no rifle collection is complete without a Henry Repeater lever action. At one point I had considered selling it for a larger caliber Henry, but since I have a Winchester model 94 in 30-30 and a Marlin 1894 in .44 magnum I decided to keep the Henry for posterity.
    Last edited by str8shooter; September 4th, 2018 at 09:13 PM.
    You are a straight white man. You don't get to be the victim, sweetie.

(Berks County)

I have a goldenboy and it’s accurate and reliable. Good looking to boot.
    The Gun is the Badge of a Free Man

I have the Frontier Model (H001T) I easily added a large loop lever from Henry to it. I can load 22 .22 caliber shorts into it at the truck and squirrel hunt all day! The wood on the rifle is much better than anything else you can buy in the same price range. It is one of my favorite .22 rifles. It shoots as accurately as my eyes and skill will allow me to. A friend has the "standard" model and a youth model and they function just as buttery smooth as mine. I would highly recommend one. As an aside, the president of the company, Mark Imperato, is a no nonsense guy. He was working the Henry display at the last NRA show I attended. They recently helped a buddy of mine out with an issue in a very fast and much better than expected manner. He had a third party engrave his receiver cover on a Golden Boy. When the third party attempted to "buff" the work, it destroyed the brass PLATING on the cover. He explained this to Henry on the phone and they simply mailed him a new one. Buy with confidence.

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by Emptymag View Post
    Should'a come to the group shoot and tried one out.

I have the H001L (large loop) carbine. (16 1/4" barrel)
    I bought it used (looked brand new) and as others have mentioned, the action is super smooth.
    I really wanted to go.. screwed up the time/date as I was recouping from being overseas. Great photo
    "If the women don't find you handsome, they should at least find you handy."

(Allegheny County)

I forgot about mine - bought it at a black friday walmart sale. Shot accurately and consistent but needed to adjust sights to hit bullseye - i put it away and never did get it adjusted. I guess i need to pull it out and get shooting it after a slight adjustment.

Hi all,
    I'm new to forum so this is my first post. Just wanted to give my 2 cents. For anyone considering picking up any Henry rimfire, go for it. You're not going to win long range matches with it. But!!!! For a learning, plinking,teaching or in the woods small game all are great. Over the years I've have rotated 22 models
    A- lot. On a good weekend I can easily go through 1k rounds. I shoot mostly 10/22 but in the brush,woods for small game I never reach for a 2k 10//22 it's a Henry Golden boy L.A . I have owned and shot dozens and dozens of them all smooth and accurate. Sorry for the long rant for my first post but imho if you are looking at a gun like this you will not regret any Henry rimfire or otherwise. The customer service is top notch to boot. But if you end up with 1 post it on here for sale and p.m me and I'll buy it 😁

I own 6 Henry rifles. I like 'em.
    Member: NJ "undocumented" Felons Club. NRA Life Member

(Berks County)

If you want a nice looking, well built rifle; get a Henry. Personally, I prefer used guns with a little character that I won't cry over getting more "character" in the field. I have a Win pump, an Ithaca lever, couple of semis, and of course bolt actions. You could have all of them or 1 Henry "Pretty Boy". I don't own a Henry. Just my $.02.

I'm sorry I just went over my last post and caught my mistake at the end .Sorry what I meant to say was that I f yoy get 1 and don't like it post it on here or let me know and I'd buy it.im not so great doing all this on my phone so I'm sorry for any mistakes.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast