Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    (Luzerne County)

Default Re: Question about school zones and other states

Don't forget.....the school zone is a "bubble" around the physical property. Merely driving down the street, going about your merry way can technically put you in violation of the GFSZA!!

(Adams County)

Quote Originally Posted by TaePo View Post
    This also reminds me of this thought: You can deny carry for citizens of your state but it shouldn't allow that state to deny everyone else (outsiders). Maybe then the Antis will realize the illogical construct that is gun control.
    Since when did that bunch ever use logic?

If I had to try a Hail Mary pass on this, I would argue in court that if the local state recognizes the license of the state that issued the license, then the local state has in effect granted permission to carry that gun within the state, which is a form of "licensing". Pennsylvania can outsource investigations and verifications, even to another state.

(ii) if the individual possessing the firearm is licensed to do so by the State in which the school zone is located or a political subdivision of the State, and the law of the State or political subdivision requires that, before an individual obtains such a license, the law enforcement authorities of the State or political subdivision verify that the individual is qualified under law to receive the license;
    Attorney Phil Kline, AKA gunlawyer001@gmail.com
    Ce sac n'est pas un jouet.

(Erie County)

Utah gets it!

As a permit holder, exactly where can I carry or not carry a handgun?
    The concealed firearm permit allows an individual to carry a firearm fully loaded and concealed. The permit also allows an individual to carry a firearm into public schools. Permit holders can not carry a firearm into federal or state restricted areas i.e. any airport secured area, federal facilities, courts, correctional & mental health facilities, law enforcement secured areas, a house of worship or private residence where notice given and/or posted, any secured area in which firearms are prohibited and notice posted, or otherwise prohibited by state of federal law.
    https://bci.utah.gov/concealed-firea...ked-questions/
    Quote Originally Posted by Aggies Coach View Post
    Cause white people are awesome. Happy now......LOL.

(Venango County)

Quote Originally Posted by GunLawyer001 View Post
    If I had to try a Hail Mary pass on this, I would argue in court that if the local state recognizes the license of the state that issued the license, then the local state has in effect granted permission to carry that gun within the state, which is a form of "licensing". Pennsylvania can outsource investigations and verifications, even to another state.

(ii) if the individual possessing the firearm is licensed to do so by the State in which the school zone is located or a political subdivision of the State, and the law of the State or political subdivision requires that, before an individual obtains such a license, the law enforcement authorities of the State or political subdivision verify that the individual is qualified under law to receive the license;
    I like this approach. Almost a licensing by proxy or substitution.
    It is you. You have all the weapons that you need. Now fight. --Sucker Punch

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12