Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    (York County)

Default Re: Chilling Picture Painted By Asst. DA in Self-Defense/Alleged Criminal Homicide Ca

Quote Originally Posted by Spirit of 76 View Post
    Christopher Shellhammer spent 22 months without bail in the Fayette County Jail and could have received life in prison or the death penalty. BTW, Shellhammer's mother is a staunch critic of the Fayette County Jail, the Prison Board, and corrupt Fayette County DAs (plural).
    She would find the Cumberland County DA and court system equally if not more disappointing and corrupt...

I’m glad he got out in only 22 months; hopefully he can move on with his life. I know someone that took years of jail to prove his innocence.
    Resistance to tyrants is obedience to God.

(York County)

Default Re: Chilling Picture Painted By Asst. DA in Self-Defense/Alleged Criminal Homicide Ca

Shellhammer was found not guilty without the jury even knowing about this key information which goes directly to the credibility of the witness. Christopher Shellhammer spent 22 months without bail in the Fayette County Jail and could have received life in prison or the death penalty. BTW, Shellhammer's mother is a staunch critic of the Fayette County Jail, the Prison Board, and corrupt Fayette County DAs (plural).
    This is just another example of the fact that our now UN-Just justice system has long ago tipped the balance of the adversarial concept into a hellish win-at-all-costs system. These prosecutors no longer are in pursuit of the truth, the whole truth and nothing but the truth, but rather are only interested in the win. There appears to be no criminal penalty for prosecutors to fear in distorting or abandoning the truth, in their efforts to put one more stroke in the win column.

Like the police, prosecutors are to make a distinction between protecting and serving THE PEOPLE and arresting and prosecuting the criminals. When they are unable or unwilling to make that distinction, they become equal to the criminals, oppressing and assaulting THE PEOPLE for their own personal gain.

Fortunately, Shellhammer was able to convince a jury to do the right thing...

ETA: It should always be remembered that many of the case law precedents, protecting the rights of all citizens, have come about by convicted criminals making the case for those rights in the face of police and prosecutors who couldn't care less...

%%%
    Last edited by ImminentDanger; October 15th, 2019 at 12:38 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Shellhammer View Post
    https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.wpx...rder/995985671

Not guilty

For anyone still following
    Welcome. Glad you made it through that attack and trial. No more Tinder for you, right?
    Galations 6:9...And let us not grow weary of doing good, for in due season we will reap, if we do not give up.
    Ashli Babbitt - Patriot

(Fayette County)

Complete Diary of Shellhammer Case

For coverage alternative from mainstream news, here is a link to a local Fayette County blog run by Julie Toye.

http://julietoye.com/chris_shellhammer.html

(Allegheny County)

Complete Diary of Shellhammer Case

For coverage alternative from mainstream news, here is a link to a local Fayette County blog run by Julie Toye.

http://julietoye.com/chris_shellhammer.html
    Obviously, I have no inside information on this but to me it sounds like they used her as a honey trap to lure in a victim to rob and/or worse but their intended victim was prepared.

She should face felony murder charges.

(Fayette County)

Quote Originally Posted by Walt_Daddy View Post
    Obviously, I have no inside information on this but to me it sounds like they used her as a honey trap to lure in a victim to rob and/or worse but their intended victim was prepared.

She should face felony murder charges.
    Agreed.

One of the most important points made by Julie Toye at the blog I linked is that the DA's Office did not do its job. It basically ignored all the exculpatory evidence and concentrated on a win (the conviction).

Shellhammer's mother is an outspoken critic of the Fayette County Jail, the Fayette County Prison Board, and Fayette County DAs (former and present). She characterizes her son's incarceration as the state politically kidnapping her son for 22 months.

Democrat Fayette County District Attorney Richard E. Bower is up for re-election this November. He is running unopposed! Shellhammer's mother is asking voters to write in Attorney Michael Aubele, the attorney who was the defense in her son's case.

(Allegheny County)

Agreed.

One of the most important points made by Julie Toye at the blog I linked is that the DA's Office did not do its job. It basically ignored all the exculpatory evidence and concentrated on a win (the conviction).

Shellhammer's mother is an outspoken critic of the Fayette County Jail, the Fayette County Prison Board, and Fayette County DAs (former and present). She characterizes her son's incarceration as the state politically kidnapping her son for 22 months.

Democrat Fayette County District Attorney Richard E. Bower is up for re-election this November. He is running unopposed! Shellhammer's mother is asking voters to write in Attorney Michael Aubele, the attorney who was the defense in her son's case.
    I just saw that Kelly French was arrested for luring another man to her place where he was tied up and beaten back in January... How in the hell could the DA think it was right to proceed against this man?

(Lancaster County)

I just saw that Kelly French was arrested for luring another man to her place where he was tied up and beaten back in January... How in the hell could the DA think it was right to proceed against this man?
    Because the DA is a corrupt piece of shit, but I believe that's just being obvious.
    Rules are written in the stone,
    Break the rules and you get no bones,
    all you get is ridicule, laughter,
    and a trip to the house of pain.

(Fayette County)

In a word -- politics.

As noted earlier in the thread, Fayette County Court of Common Pleas Senior Judge Gerald Solomon (a former president judge of that court) disallowed the defense to bring up the pending charges against French, although she was the prosecution's star witness.

The jury could have sent a man to prison for life, or exacted a death penalty, without having had key information which went directly to the star witness' credibility, or more accurately, the lack thereof.

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by streaker69 View Post
    Because the DA is a corrupt piece of shit, but I believe that's just being obvious.
    So just like the one we have in Allegheny County...

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast