Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567
    (Lancaster County)

Default Re: Why your license was never actually revoked - juries, process, and law of the lan

Quote Originally Posted by Carnes View Post
    No comment? I can't condense the above into a tweet, but you are welcome to beat me up.
    There's a difference between standing up for our rights and actively trying to take them down to force us into an armed confrontation. I doubt that anyone here really wants an actual civil war. The irony is that he was just here in this thread spewing about how no one here wants to do anything to preserve our rights while previously posted that he intends to destroy them.

We need leaders, we don't need crazy.
    Rules are written in the stone,
    Break the rules and you get no bones,
    all you get is ridicule, laughter,
    and a trip to the house of pain.

(Montgomery County)

Default Re: Why your license was never actually revoked - juries, process, and law of the lan

Quote Originally Posted by streaker69 View Post
    There's a difference between standing up for our rights and actively trying to take them down to force us into an armed confrontation. I doubt that anyone here really wants an actual civil war. The irony is that he was just here in this thread spewing about how no one here wants to do anything to preserve our rights while previously posted that he intends to destroy them.

I was going to jump in but it seemed pointless.
    How can you have any cookies if you don't drink your milk?

No comment? I can't condense the above into a tweet, but you are welcome to beat me up.
    Before I endorse any plan, I expect to see every key step in that plan laid out.

I understand that "no plan survives contact with the enemy", but D-Day was more than just "let's send as many guys as we can get onto the beaches and see what happens".

Most of these "plans" involve a step that I'll loosely call "and then I get to shoot anyone I want". That's not a legitimate game plan for success, that's just serial killing with a fake patriot mask.

We didn't get to this point because the Left created anarchy and then clamped down with an iron fist, we got here because they control the media and the courts and the schools, and now they control social media and the search engines. Show me a game plan to take some of those back, something without a "Pelican Brief" or "Purge" dynamic, and maybe I'll get on board.

So far, I've seen nothing that wasn't just childish chafing at restrictions, restrictions that none of us like, but that doesn't mean that we're "comfortable in our chains". Even a drowning man has to be picky about what he grabs onto, you don't toss him an anchor when he needs a flotation device. We don't need the collapse of society in order to secure our rights, when society is mostly what protects our rights. We need to fix the parts that are wrong, and I've seen no plans to do so yet, and I don't have one of my own, which is why I don't demand that all true patriots participate in my personal delusions and I won't jump on board with the toxic delusions of anyone else.
    Attorney Phil Kline, AKA gunlawyer001@gmail.com
    Ce sac n'est pas un jouet.

(Cambria County)

We need leaders, but we can't seem to even generate ideas. A good leader takes a good idea and puts it into action.

Again, F the OP. His idea is clearly problematic. No good leader is going to move forward with his proposal.

The problem is that, good leader or not, there seems to be no good proposal to move forward with. Liberty is in peril, and the best we can do is squelch anyone that proposes a solution?

Yeah, I don't have an answer right now either. But, I'm glad there are people willing to throw some ideas out from time to time.

(Lancaster County)

We need leaders, but we can't seem to even generate ideas. A good leader takes a good idea and puts it into action.

Again, F the OP. His idea is clearly problematic. No good leader is going to move forward with his proposal.

The problem is that, good leader or not, there seems to be no good proposal to move forward with. Liberty is in peril, and the best we can do is squelch anyone that proposes a solution?

Yeah, I don't have an answer right now either. But, I'm glad there are people willing to throw some ideas out from time to time.
    He's welcome to take his ideas and scream them from the highest mountain top on the interwebs. He's not allowed to do it here.
    Rules are written in the stone,
    Break the rules and you get no bones,
    all you get is ridicule, laughter,
    and a trip to the house of pain.

He's welcome to take his ideas and scream them from the highest mountain top on the interwebs. He's not allowed to do it here.
    I concur, because I see a difference between a villager saying "that minefield between us and our cornfields should not be there, we had a treaty, we need to either get the government to remove it or we need to hire some experts to dig up the mines", and on the other hand some loose cannon saying "there's no minefield there, just walk right on through."

PAFOA has a good reputation as an authoritative source of firearms laws, and some would abuse that for their own purposes. Some folks seem to be willing to use gullible people as cannon fodder for their schemes, because bad laws sometimes get attention and get repealed if enough people are screwed by them. Problem with that plan is that it's hard to find enough people willing to get screwed. So they find gullible people, and lie to them, and use them.

You are not an ally of freedom if you, like Che or Mao or Stalin, are willing to make other people pay the heavy price for your plans.
    Attorney Phil Kline, AKA gunlawyer001@gmail.com
    Ce sac n'est pas un jouet.

(Jefferson County)

Quote Originally Posted by GunLawyer001 View Post
    I concur, because I see a difference between a villager saying "that minefield between us and our cornfields should not be there, we had a treaty, we need to either get the government to remove it or we need to hire some experts to dig up the mines", and on the other hand some loose cannon saying "there's no minefield there, just walk right on through."

PAFOA has a good reputation as an authoritative source of firearms laws, and some would abuse that for their own purposes. Some folks seem to be willing to use gullible people as cannon fodder for their schemes, because bad laws sometimes get attention and get repealed if enough people are screwed by them. Problem with that plan is that it's hard to find enough people willing to get screwed. So they find gullible people, and lie to them, and use them.

You are not an ally of freedom if you, like Che or Mao or Stalin, are willing to make other people pay the heavy price for your plans.
    Yep! So in fact that we have had state(not just PA) and local agencies refer people to PAFOA. And have had PA Govt Agencies contact us on matters.
    RIP: SFN, 1861, twoeggsup, Lambo, jamesjo, JayBell, 32 Magnum, Pro2A, mrwildroot, dregan, Frenchy, Fragger, ungawa, Mtn Jack, Grapeshot, R.W.J., PennsyPlinker, Statkowski, Deanimator, roland, aubie515

Don't end up in my signature!

(Berks County)

I think the op gave me dyslexia. All the letters started swimming around. I couldn’t finish it. I guess that’s what my rants do to you all.

Sorry.....
    The Gun is the Badge of a Free Man

(Cambria County)

Quote Originally Posted by knight0334 View Post
    Yep! So in fact that we have had state(not just PA) and local agencies refer people to PAFOA. And have had PA Govt Agencies contact us on matters.
    Good. You are right. He is right. Great. The problem is still unsolved.

(Jefferson County)

Good. You are right. He is right. Great. The problem is still unsolved.
    To fix the problems we must control the House, Senate, and Governor's Office.

Then, we cant be like the OP - Everything or Hell Fire.

Even the anti-gunner know that an Everything approach gets nothing, that is why they have dealt a Death of a Thousand Cuts on our rights over the past 100+ years. In return we must apply a Salvation of a Thousand Bandages to restore our rights. Many in society and even pro-gunners in office have been acclimated to many of the anti-gunner's laws over the decades - so even some of the restoration approaches will seem alien to them.

The OP has a very bad habit of forcing half-assed challenges in court instead fixing stuff with legislation. PA's Superior and Supreme Courts are not leveraged in our favor due to Democrat/Anti-gun justices having been elected. A ruling that isn't in our favor in those courts only makes things worse. It solves the questions unfavorably that you could otherwise have argued in Court of Common Pleas in your favor. Then your only recourse would be a legislative fix and having to get a pardon.
    RIP: SFN, 1861, twoeggsup, Lambo, jamesjo, JayBell, 32 Magnum, Pro2A, mrwildroot, dregan, Frenchy, Fragger, ungawa, Mtn Jack, Grapeshot, R.W.J., PennsyPlinker, Statkowski, Deanimator, roland, aubie515

Don't end up in my signature!

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567