Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    (Clearfield County)

Default Re: Go check your carry guns. I forgot to oil glock slide rail. Rusted solid in two w

How in the hell did it get that bad in two weeks? Did you store in brine or something?

(Lancaster County)

Default Re: Go check your carry guns. I forgot to oil glock slide rail. Rusted solid in two w

Quote Originally Posted by Sgt.K View Post
    I'm getting ready to make a replacement IWB hybrid holster, after sweating thru the old one badly.

I picked up a piece of 11oz cowhide and a jar of Obenauf's Heavy Duty Leather Protectant, because I want a single thickness of leather for stability reasons.

Obenauf's reviewed positively in my Googling. I will report back on its effectiveness after some heavy use.
    Obenauf's rocks great for all sorts of leather I treat shoes boots even gloves.

Quote Originally Posted by HKusp 45 View Post
    frog lube is your friend if you want to really prevent corrosion, provided you apply it properly (little bit of heat wipe off the excess.)
    I have used it on all of my firearms and if I'm building a rifle or buy on I treat the whole thing. Have little if any issues with rust.
    Again the key to making it work right is heat it allows the metal to absorb it in better. (not a lot I use a hairdryer to heat things up)

https://www.froglube.com/?gclid=EAIa...SAAEgLiUvD_BwE

Here's a guy who did a ton of testing if you have the time to read it all , he did not use heat I'm assuming that's why the froglube fell slightly
    short but it still did a hell of a job and I can say from experience it works. But this link shows actual testing for 46 different products. This way
    you can make an informed decision.

https://www.froglube.com/?gclid=EAIa...SAAEgLiUvD_BwE

Jeepers, it is the same link, twice, to froglube.com . Where is the link to the actual testing for 46 different products?

Rick

(York County)

How did a Glock rust-though they were all ceramic and pass undetected thru scanners.....l.

(Bucks County)

That amount and type of corrosion in two weeks, and you attribute it to your perspiration? Please see a doctor!

Quote Originally Posted by MARINE DIVISION TWO View Post
    SERIOUSLY ?
    No, was a joke

I posted a week or 2 back that I suffered some unexpected barrel rust from dew forming on a pistol sitting near an air conditioner.

It happens.
    Attorney Phil Kline, AKA gunlawyer001@gmail.com
    Ce sac n'est pas un jouet.

(Berks County)

Quote Originally Posted by GunLawyer001 View Post
    I posted a week or 2 back that I suffered some unexpected barrel rust from dew forming on a pistol sitting near an air conditioner.

It happens.
    Was it a Glock?
    Gender confusion is a mental illness

Quote Originally Posted by Walleye Hunter View Post
    Was it a Glock?
    Nope.
    Attorney Phil Kline, AKA gunlawyer001@gmail.com
    Ce sac n'est pas un jouet.

(Allegheny County)

This is why we all need to go to 3d printed plasyic guns.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast