Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
    (Bucks County)

Default Re: Go check your carry guns. I forgot to oil glock slide rail. Rusted solid in two w

I use Slip2000 EWL and Geiselle grease and oil and have no problems in my CCW guns.. I only use Kydex holsters as well

(Bucks County)

Default Re: Go check your carry guns. I forgot to oil glock slide rail. Rusted solid in two w

Glock hires the handicapped. The copper is added so someone with dim vision can assess how much is being applied. Or so I heard.

(Centre County)

Quote Originally Posted by JenniferG View Post
    Sig lubricates all their guns with TW25B from the factory. I use it on all my guns. I clean my guns after using them and lubricate them with TW25B. I check my carry guns regularly so they will work when they are needed. I no longer use leather holsters for IWB.

https://wethepeopleholsters.com
    +1

(Berks County)

Quote Originally Posted by Noah_Zark View Post
    That's what Glock says in their literature, but it has always confounded me why Glock uses copper anti-seize as a lubricant.

The copper in the copper colored crap greatly increases conductivity in the presence of an electrolyte like perspiration. The salty perspiration liquid or vapor sets up a "battery" of sorts between the copper in the anti-seize and the stainless steel and carbon steel in the Glock handgun, with the stainless or carbon steel corroding.

I came to the conclusion that Glock recommends no lubricant because they don't want pistols deteriorating due to oil effects on the polymer frames. Not all oils are created equal, and some compounds can have solvent properties on certain polymers.

But to my knowledge Glock does not offer the copper colored crap as an aftermarket accessory, and I asked about it when I attended the Glock armorer school a number of years ago and was told it's a factory lubrication treatment. IMO, hocus-pocus.

All that said, I lubricate my Glocks and other firearms with Corrosion-X and Weapon Shield oils, and Weapon Shield grease as appropriate. I carry a Glock 19 as well as rotating a PM Makarov, SIG P228, S&W 696, and other handguns, and none of them show rust like that of the OP. Prior to the Corrosion-X treatment I had a predecessor to the XD-9 called the HS-2000, the slide of which would routinely develop slight rust in the area of the grasping grooves. Hoppes Gun Oil would not stop it, but one application of Corrosion-X did. It never came back. So phosphated areas of my firearms receive the Corrosion-X treatment, and other bits get Weapon Shield.

Noah
    Copper conducts better than stainless or carbon steels so it will give up electrons easier. Certainly copper isn’t a lubricity addictive. It possibly could through plasticity fill in surface defects but I’ve never seen evidence of it doing so. Could just be Gaston’s version of Paul is dead. Perfection
    The Gun is the Badge of a Free Man

(Erie County)

Gunny says you go back to pfc.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345