Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association

Thread: MAGPUL BiPod

(Berks County)

Default MAGPUL BiPod

Anyone have any experience or feedback on the MAGPUL Bipods?
    I recently picked up and AR in 6.5 Creedmoor and looking for a bipod without breaking the bank.
    Thanks

(Centre County)

Default Re: MAGPUL BiPod

Magpuls are kind of pricey IMO, I have one of these (actually several on several different rifles) and they are great (again IMO) https://www.leapers.com/index.php?ac...emno=TL-BP69SQ
    Ron USAF Ret E-8 FFL01/SOT3 NRA Benefactor Member

(Wyoming County)

I think the Magpuls are just now shipping, so probably not a lot of first hand/users just yet.

I think the price looks comparable with a Harris price tag. I would certainly like to pick one up
    "It seems that the Constitution is more or less guidelines than actual rules"
    My feedback: http://forum.pafoa.org/showthread.php?t=305685

(Lackawanna County)

I’m curious as well. I’ve got my atlas bipods and a Harris but I want to try something for between those two

(Berks County)

Quote Originally Posted by Xringshooter View Post
    Magpuls are kind of pricey IMO, I have one of these (actually several on several different rifles) and they are great (again IMO) https://www.leapers.com/index.php?ac...emno=TL-BP69SQ
    Yeah if you think the Magpuls are pricey you havent seen the prices on the ATlas Bipods.I would love to try one to see if they really are 'that' good but I wont be spending that kind of money.
    I will probably just swap the Bipod from my other AR for now or may just take the plunge. They have a pretty good Reputation.

Dont have much experience bipods but their Marketing video looks pretty good.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B9xAykkdI5M

(Lackawanna County)

I have several atlas. They are rock solid.

(Chester County)

HARRIS. Harris bipods cross the bridge between Chicom crap and Atlas $300 bipods. I've got many and they've all been rock solid. Most can be had under $100.

I agree with the above that the Magpul seems to be expensive for what they are.
    I'm only here for the wood c-rings.

(Centre County)

Quote Originally Posted by SteveO666 View Post
    Yeah if you think the Magpuls are pricey you havent seen the prices on the ATlas Bipods.I would love to try one to see if they really are 'that' good but I wont be spending that kind of money.
    I will probably just swap the Bipod from my other AR for now or may just take the plunge. They have a pretty good Reputation.

Dont have much experience bipods but their Marketing video looks pretty good.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B9xAykkdI5M
    Oh, I know how expensive Atlas's are. That said, they are considered the best of the best but how many average shooters really NEED a bipod of that caliber? Harris bipods are basically the "everymans" bipod, been around a long time and and make a high quality product. Magpuls products speak for themselves and should be a very good choice also. However, for the average shooter, who isn't going to be "running and gunning", or playing mock warfare, they really don't need a super high end bipod. The UTG's that I have are well made and have plenty of strength. When locked in place (up or down) they don't wiggle at all and hold the gun securely.

I would not tell a first time bipod buyer to go with the most expensive out there. I'd find out how they are going to use it and what they expect it to do for them. I would advise going with a bit lower end and see how it fits their shooting style and if they find they need something a lot better to suit their needs, then reevaluate and buy what is needed. For the average AR shooter, using a bipod off a bench or in the prone position, they probably don't need to go to the expense of an Atlas.

For a shooter who has some experience under their belt and is looking for a bipod for the first time, I'd recommend a UTG or Harris since I don't have any first hand knowledge of the Magpul unit.
    Last edited by Xringshooter; August 21st, 2018 at 10:40 AM.
    Ron USAF Ret E-8 FFL01/SOT3 NRA Benefactor Member

(Somerset County)

The Magpul bipods just started shipping earlier this week I believe. Introduced reports I have read have been really positive.

Brownells and arms unlimited seem to be the first vendors shipping them