Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    (York County)

Default Trying to find that perfect holster

Due to my size and frame i have always struggled with a holster that keeps the gun concealed. I have decided that I want to do more pocket carry. I found a holster that works some of the time for my bodyguard, but in some of my clothes the gun grip area prints very obviously. Has anyone found a holster that provides something to keep the gun grip area from printing?

(York County)

Default Re: Trying to find that perfect holster

If you find someone who has, let me know. LOL . Personally, I've found that dressing around the gun becomes more necessary than than holster to hide it, in and of itself. All depends on the gun and the persons frame in question, but I'd rather have easier access to proper grip and hide it with the garment somehow. I don't worry too much about printing anymore. I do limited open carry sometimes with the same holster I have, just clip it onto the belt OUTSIDE the pants, and tuck the shirt in. Or even just tuck the shirt in with it in normal position. It's a Mark Garrity Inconspicuous clip holster. And this ain't your Granddads clip, it really holds on. Has a claw counter clip die punched into the underside of the hook, and is very strong. I haven't seen one this strong anywhere else.

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by crzynate View Post
    Due to my size and frame i have always struggled with a holster that keeps the gun concealed. I have decided that I want to do more pocket carry. I found a holster that works some of the time for my bodyguard, but in some of my clothes the gun grip area prints very obviously. Has anyone found a holster that provides something to keep the gun grip area from printing?

HAHAHAHAHAHA.

Listen, just be like the rest of us with a drawer full of wanna be's

The grip is the problem for printing but to be honest, I doubt 95% of people would even notice.
    No one but us and LEO look for printing.

Good luck in your search but understand that presentation time may be more of a factor than printing so don't go too deeply with concealment that it limits your ability to present.
    Opinions are like anal apertures. They all stink but mine.

(Cambria County)

Try this, wear something you think is supposed to be concealed, but prints really bad. Go to a cookout or some such thing with friends that may or may not know you carry. Hang out for a couple hours, and try to play it cool. Start a conversation about concealed carry, encourage folks to talk about how they carry tiny guns, or don't carry because they they don't want to 'print.' Again, you gotta play it cool because you are printing like a fool in the midst of all this, and you are coming to realize that no one notices. Try it out a couple other places to confirm.

(Berks County)

I dunno, I just started carrying and this is of interest to me. I went to the hydraulics shop with my VP9 in a Kydex holster under my T-shirt with the handle painting a good bit. After telling the guy that he could have least told me to bend over before giving me that bill and we started chatting he told me I need to buy more AR's. He didn't say anything about my paint job.
    Gender confusion is a mental illness

(Bucks County)

I had a kinda similar conversation with a coworker a few days ago. I told him how if you want to make yourself feel like you're not printing, cinch your belt a notch tighter, buy a one size bigger shirt and step up a pant size. I have found that minor adjustments in position can do a good job of hiding the grip in an OWB'd G26 under a button down shirt. Believe me, most people are so off in their own little world of their cell phone, iPod, kids, shopping, day dreaming, they would never notice even a bad print job.

(Lycoming County)

I don't usually care about printing much. Almost nobody notices or cares if they do. If I have to limit it I carry slightly forward of my usual. Generally closer to 3 o'clock instead of 4. If you can get away with appendix carry, that prints very little even with a full size gun.

With cell phones and such now adays i don't think printing is as much a concern as back in the day. Here in Marylandstan where printing a concealed weapon could cause you issues. I carry everyday. Somedays i do poke out a bit but no one has ever asked if i had a firearm on me. Now carry is not as prevalent here as Pennsylvania but it is true.

Nobody

(Lackawanna County)

I’ve said this before. I appendix carry. If you notice that means you’re staring at my dick

(Allegheny County)

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA want to buy some of mine in my multiple bins of unused holsters ????? each and every one of them was at time of purchase - the perfect holster.......

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast