Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association

Thread: BT 99

Default BT 99

I have a BT 99 that I use for trap. I have put about 1500 rounds through the shotgun with out a problem. I clean it regularly but I have not taken the stock off and clean the action inside. How often do you guys take the stock off for a complete cleaning?
    I always stressed to my son"one shot one kill that was all that is needed". When He came home from Marine Corp Boot camp He was telling me about the Marines stressing "ONE SHOT ONE KILL" He looks at me and the light bulb went on Dad was now a whole lot smarter than he was 13 weeks ago.

Default Re: BT 99

Quote Originally Posted by Grizz2720 View Post
    I have a BT 99 that I use for trap. I have put about 1500 rounds through the shotgun with out a problem. I clean it regularly but I have not taken the stock off and clean the action inside. How often do you guys take the stock off for a complete cleaning?
    Do what you want, but I'm a firm believer that removing the wood will eventually cause a loose fit. I would suggest doing it a little as possible. I will probably be scientifically proved wrong, but that my final answer.

(Allegheny County)

About every 5K rounds. ASAP if the gun gets soaked by rain, or malfunctions.
    Last edited by Hawk; August 18th, 2018 at 08:26 AM.
    Toujours pręt

Quote Originally Posted by Hawk View Post
    About every 5K rounds. ASAP if the gun gets soaked by rain, or malfunctions.
    Looks like I have a ways to go. It has never been in rain. It has seen a little snow during winter trap league though.
    I always stressed to my son"one shot one kill that was all that is needed". When He came home from Marine Corp Boot camp He was telling me about the Marines stressing "ONE SHOT ONE KILL" He looks at me and the light bulb went on Dad was now a whole lot smarter than he was 13 weeks ago.

(Luzerne County)

If it ain’t broke.....
    I have a BT-99 also. Still a youngster, it has maybe 20,000 rounds through it; I have no plans to remove the stock.
    “Auto racing, bull fighting, and mountain climbing are the only real sports ... all others are games.”Hemingway ...