Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    (Wayne County)

Default Re: Can I ride mtn bike to my huntinh spot on SGL?

It is prohibited to ride a non-motorized vehicle on SGLs from the last Saturday of September until the third Saturday of January "unless lawfully engaged in hunting, trapping or fishing".

So sayeth the Great Hunting Digest.

(see, this is what happens when PGC doesn't hand out the regs with the license.)
    Sed ego sum homo indomitus

(Bucks County)

You are good for archery season but I would not recommend riding a bike on a SGL during firearm season.

(Berks County)

Quote Originally Posted by streaker69 View Post
    It depends upon how the law is written. If the law says no motors, then an all electric bike wouldn't be legal, but a gasoline engine would be legal. Of course, I'd never expect the people that write the laws to actually understand the terms that they use.
    That is a modern usage. There are several types of motors electric is the newest I believe. Engines are a type of motor with several sub categories depending on fuel, motion, etc. Hence the terms motor car motor bike moor boat (there’s the poofa opening) motor head .
    The Gun is the Badge of a Free Man

(Berks County)

Quote Originally Posted by Sandcut View Post
    It is prohibited to ride a non-motorized vehicle on SGLs from the last Saturday of September until the third Saturday of January "unless lawfully engaged in hunting, trapping or fishing".

(see, this is what happens when PGC doesn't hand out the regs with the license.)
    Never liked that. The little book was the best. Fit behind the tag, er license.
    The Gun is the Badge of a Free Man

(Wayne County)

Quote Originally Posted by Gunsnwater View Post
    Never liked that. The little book was the best. Fit behind the tag, er license.
    Yeah, the little book was the best, but it was nice having a copy of the big one next to the commode or on my desk at work, or in my truck durimg hunting season for quick reference. I'm not a "check it out online kinda guy" because finding the regs on my phlne is an abject pain in the ass. I support PGC on just about everything. But doing away with paper copies of regs was retarded. And no, I won't pay $6 for a 40 page booklet, half of which is ads I don't care about.

(Bucks County)

Bureau/Department of motor vehicles

Quote Originally Posted by Sandcut View Post

Yep, but I'm going to say it's legal (maybe) so long as the OP is using the bike for the purpose of engaging in hunting. I don't think a game warden (just as I finally got use to calling the WCO;s ) is going to hassle somebody using established roads to travel in this manner. It's actually a good idea.

(Wayne County)

Quote Originally Posted by God's Country View Post
    Yep, but I'm going to say it's legal (maybe) so long as the OP is using the bike for the purpose of engaging in hunting. I don't think a game warden (just as I finally got use to calling the WCO;s ) is going to hassle somebody using established roads to travel in this manner. It's actually a good idea.
    Well, that was his question. Can I use a bike with a cart while I'm hunting? And the answer is "yes". What you can't do from September to January is mountain bike on SGLs for fun. The exception being on Sundays (at least until Sunday hunting is approved. SGLs are for hunting. Other folks are allowed to use them (as they should be). They just aren't allowed to interfere with lawful hunting.

(Montgomery County)

There also may be restrictions on specific trails. You may want to check at the trailhead for signage.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12