Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Westmoreland County)

Thumbs up Found a new place... Use of Force Simulator. Latrobe pa. Safe & Secure.

Found a little Gem nestled into the Latrobe Area. Safe & Secure Training and Range.

Heard about it from a friend and went and checked it out. They use projectors and screens, combined with REAL firearms converted over to Co2 and IR Lasers. They have everything from paper targets to zombies!

But where the best part is... its a 180 degree use of force simulator. Actual scenario's. The guy working the shop said they have approx 800 scenarios, 50 of which are 3 screen (180 degrees). This place is COOL!.

www.safesecure.us
    Brotherhood above all.

(Washington County)

Default Re: Found a new place... Use of Force Simulator. Latrobe pa. Safe & Secure.

We use a system like this during our annual LEO Continuing Education classes, it gets pretty intense sometimes especially during the no-shoot drills. What surprises most people is how fast a normal encounter turns into a use-of-force encounter.

Also, Silveradoguy17 has 16 posts in 7 years, that's pretty impressive lurker status there!
    Washington County Machine Guns & Tactical Range -- CMP Affiliated Club -- FFL 07 / FFL 10 / FEL 20 / SOT 02 / ITAR
    Largest MG Rental Business on the entire East Coast. M2HB, M9 Flamethrower, M67 Grenades, M240 Bravo, M249 SAW, M1919, RPD, M60, Bowling Ball Mortar.
    Now offering High-Explosive Classes (Open to the Public)

(Westmoreland County)

Default Re: Found a new place... Use of Force Simulator. Latrobe pa. Safe & Secure.

How much they charge for that? sounds like fun

(Somerset County)

I want to check this place out. I came across their website a while back and forgot about it. Thanks for the reminder

(Allegheny County)

Several years ago I did an 8 week (one evening a week) citizen police academy thing where we learned about the workings of the police department. One night was spent doing the FATS simulator much like this. Very eye opening.
    Internet commandos need not apply - I don't think you could cope.
    I called to check my ZIP CODE!....DY-NO-MITE!!!

(Allegheny County)

FATS simulators are good tools to add to one's training (Live fire, dry fire, simunitions/air soft, roll-playing, etc...) I remember when I went through the academy back in 89, we had Motorola Reel to Reel films with decision making scenarios... a real primitive version of the FATS system of today...

My wife instructed at a range in WA (back in the 90s) that had a FATS type machine with different "civilian" shoot/no shoot scenarios. They would hold a class for people to come in and run several scenarios, it was very popular.

The technology just keeps getting better and better.
    Tomorrow's battle is won during today's practice.