Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    (Susquehanna County)

Default Three in a row! HB 2597, HB 2598, HB 2599

Looks like Representative Tai (who in hell ever he might be) is trying for a hat trick. I think all of these need to be opposed.

Here's the bill information:

Regular Session 2017-2018
    House Bill 2597

Short Title: An Act amending Title 18 (Crimes and Offenses) of the Pennsylvania Consolidated Statutes, in firearms and other dangerous articles, providing for safe storage of a firearm when residing with a person not to possess a firearm.

Prime Sponsor: Representative TAI
    Last Action: Referred to JUDICIARY, Aug. 15, 2018 [House]

Memo: Safe Storage of Firearms

http://www.legis.state.pa.us/cfdocs/...type=B&bn=2597

House Bill 2598

Short Title: An Act amending Title 18 (Crimes and Offenses) of the Pennsylvania Consolidated Statutes, in firearms and other dangerous articles, providing for safe storage of a firearm when not in use.

Memo:
    Safe Storage of Firearms

http://www.legis.state.pa.us/cfdocs/...type=B&bn=2598
    House Bill 2599

Short Title: An Act amending Title 18 (Crimes and Offenses) of the Pennsylvania Consolidated Statutes, in firearms and other dangerous articles, providing for civil liability of firearm owner for loss or theft.

Memo: Safe Storage of Firearms

http://www.legis.state.pa.us/CFDOCS/...type=B&bn=2599

"Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities".

(Susquehanna County)

Default Re: Three in a row! HB 2597, HB 2598, HB 2599

Triple Scumbag
    Retired US Army
    NRA Life Member, GOA, USCCA
    "Artificial intelligence is no match for Natural Stupidity"

(Jefferson County)

You can already be prosecuted under federal law, which would be a felony, if you do not keep your guns locked up from prohibited persons that you live with.

HB2597 just codifies it on the state level, and provides you with some statutory exemptions and defenses. ...which isn't a bad thing.

If the state prosecutes you, they are less likely to hand you over to the feds for prosecution. And the state version has S1 and M3 penalties for 1st and 2nd offenses, versus the federal 10 year felony.

HB2597 gets a YES from me(with some minor editing). The other two, NO.
    RIP: SFN, 1861, twoeggsup, Lambo, jamesjo, JayBell, 32 Magnum, Pro2A, mrwildroot, dregan, Frenchy, Fragger, ungawa, Mtn Jack, Grapeshot, R.W.J., PennsyPlinker, Statkowski, Deanimator, roland, aubie515

Don't end up in my signature!

(Bucks County)

Helen Tai, rep of lefty 178th district, knows what is best for you. Because shut up.

(Chester County)

Those who signed on these bills and completely ignored the Constitution which they swore to uphold are knowingly taking a power they do not have.
    An example should be made. Therefore they all should be hanged

(Carbon County)

I wonder when they will introduce a bill providing criminal liability for car owners if their car is stolen and then involved in an accident?

(Bucks County)

Quote Originally Posted by Russell View Post
    I wonder when they will introduce a bill providing criminal liability for car owners if their car is stolen and then involved in an accident?
    Of course they won't, as we know. These bills are about creating pitfalls and financial liabilities for legal gun owners, so that the ownership of firearms becomes too expensive for most people. Legal gun owners get punished for the actions of criminals. The people who write and support these bills use the most insidious and deceptive methods to disarm all but the government, the elites and their protectors. The essence of tyranny. And they cloak their intentions in "reasonable" restrictions.

(Montgomery County)

Quote Originally Posted by knight0334 View Post
    You can already be prosecuted under federal law, which would be a felony, if you do not keep your guns locked up from prohibited persons that you live with.

HB2597 just codifies it on the state level, and provides you with some statutory exemptions and defenses. ...which isn't a bad thing.

If the state prosecutes you, they are less likely to hand you over to the feds for prosecution. And the state version has S1 and M3 penalties for 1st and 2nd offenses, versus the federal 10 year felony.

HB2597 gets a YES from me(with some minor editing). The other two, NO.
    I agree with Knight, I the 2597 is fair especially for the fact at least you aren't a felon immediately. The other two a re a joke. None of them help in any way shape or form.
    Eddie

(Jefferson County)

Quote Originally Posted by Twospot View Post
    I agree with Knight, I the 2597 is fair especially for the fact at least you aren't a felon immediately. The other two a re a joke. None of them help in any way shape or form.

This bill is one we could use for a trade-off. It really doesn't make things worse, if anything it makes things slightly better. Pro-gunners in the General Assembly should consider getting behind this and use it to negotiate a separate pure pro-gun bill, or pro-gun amendments to this bill.
    RIP: SFN, 1861, twoeggsup, Lambo, jamesjo, JayBell, 32 Magnum, Pro2A, mrwildroot, dregan, Frenchy, Fragger, ungawa, Mtn Jack, Grapeshot, R.W.J., PennsyPlinker, Statkowski, Deanimator, roland, aubie515

Don't end up in my signature!

(Berks County)

Quote Originally Posted by knight0334 View Post
    This bill is one we could use for a trade-off. It really doesn't make things worse, if anything it makes things slightly better. Pro-gunners in the General Assembly should consider getting behind this and use it to negotiate a separate pure pro-gun bill, or pro-gun amendments to this bill.
    We never get. We always give. Reciprocity, safe hearing, preemption where are they? You don’t even name what you want to get. Give them this and at the last second it gets modified to screw us and whoops some scum shoots up xyz and we can’t do the pro gun thing.
    The Gun is the Badge of a Free Man

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast